Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Camp Renana Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 9:31 pm
My daughter went last year going into first grade and I don’t care who knows me from this post but from the first week she drove me nuts when I chose an outfit for her with sleeves that did not cover elbows that she didn’t want to wear it. Could not figure it out til she told me that the first day of camp the director went to all the bunks and gave a tznius speech. So this was all summer. I was so annoyed. This is day camp, not a school that I chose specially for their hashkafos. No one appointed her my child’s principal that she should be mechanech her. Way out of line. Also the talent part is a joke. It’s a regular camp, nothing special about it. Swimming was a mess. My daughter did not want to go back this year because she was still scared of the tznius lady…. So if you were rejected you’re better off. Sorry, day camps in lakewood were one area where there was no exclusivity. Nobody asked for that to change.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 9:58 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Which camp do the girls from bEM go to?

Shevach
Neranina
Leeba

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:00 pm
You sound bitter and negative…. Wondering what your point is… a parent like u will find the negative in any Daycamp you send to. Glad for Renana that they are spared your attitude

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:01 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
My daughter went last year going into first grade and I don’t care who knows me from this post but from the first week she drove me nuts when I chose an outfit for her with sleeves that did not cover elbows that she didn’t want to wear it. Could not figure it out til she told me that the first day of camp the director went to all the bunks and gave a tznius speech. So this was all summer. I was so annoyed. This is day camp, not a school that I chose specially for their hashkafos. No one appointed her my child’s principal that she should be mechanech her. Way out of line. Also the talent part is a joke. It’s a regular camp, nothing special about it. Swimming was a mess. My daughter did not want to go back this year because she was still scared of the tznius lady…. So if you were rejected you’re better off. Sorry, day camps in lakewood were one area where there was no exclusivity. Nobody asked for that to change.

Was there a dress code? The camps I send to in Lakewood all have dress codes in the hand book.

snort

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:02 pm
Every bais Yaakov camp has a dress code. You clearly either are unfamiliar or don’t like to conform

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:09 pm
I went to day camp in Lakewood about 15 years ago and I still remember sitting with all the bunks in my grade as the director spoke to us about the tznius rules. I still remember her saying that ankle socks can’t be worn, and feeling bad for someone who was wearing them… I think I was going into third grade at the time
Tznius rules in camps are not a new thing

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:16 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
You sound bitter and negative…. Wondering what your point is… a parent like u will find the negative in any Daycamp you send to. Glad for Renana that they are spared your attitude

I am not bitter and negative. I was thrilled with azamra, rina , and neema. This year my daughter wanted renana and she dresses tznius and would have followed tznius rules and they said no based on her school. I don’t think that’s right.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:19 pm
I am not new to lakewood, nor am I new to tznius rules. I dress my kids the same as other girls their age. I have sent to camps that were more yeshivish and frum than renana. This was never ever done in any other place , nor have I heard this from anyone else. My girls went to Shevach for many summers and told me about girls who always wore polish and other things I wouldn’t allow. I said people do things differently, we do what we do and that’s that. And the summer was a nice time for a little diversity. I have never heard of the director giving tznius speeches in lakewood day camps on the first day.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:27 pm
I am not new to lakewood, nor am I new to tznius rules. I dress my kids the same as other girls their age. I have sent to camps that were more yeshivish and frum than renana. This was never ever done in any other place , nor have I heard this from anyone else. My girls went to Shevach for many summers and told me about girls who always wore polish and other things I wouldn’t allow. I said people do things differently, we do what we do and that’s that. And the summer was a nice time for a little diversity. I have never heard of the director giving tznius speeches in lakewood day camps on the first day.

But was there a cover the elbows rule? That’s pretty standard for that age. Then sending in short sleeves is wrong. I wonder if there was a widespread issue of breaking those rules.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 11:30 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I am not bitter and negative. I was thrilled with azamra, rina , and neema. This year my daughter wanted renana and she dresses tznius and would have followed tznius rules and they said no based on her school. I don’t think that’s right.

I dont think that response was towards you, I think it was in response to the lady writing about the tznius thing.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 11:31 pm

every camp in lakewood has the rule of covering elbows I think. Unless Im wrong about coming about of primary age.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:09 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

I'm still wondering why you have the need to sound condescending and put other posters down. What's your point?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:14 am
There are tznius rules in daycamps and probably some enforce them more than others. Or enforce certain aspects of those rules more than others. I've never had an issue because our own tznius standards generally jive with the daycamps. But I've definitely had kids in daycamps where others were stretching those tznius limits. It's not a personal big deal for me because I have no issue with some diversity, and I'm confident enough in our own choices for it not to bother me.

I remember when I was a young newlywed, there was a daycamp in Lakewood that was considered THE BEST (back in those days! Probably nothing like the daycamps today) and it was pretty RW. I can't remember what it was called, maybe Bnos Yisrael daycamp or something like that (I could be totally mixed up here.) My nieces - who went to Bais Faiga and were typical Bais Faiga type, wore knee socks to school (back when BF allowed knee socks up to 6th grade), went to that daycamp for the summer and willingly WORE TIGHTS all summer to comply with the rules and have the fun, trips, etc...of that daycamp.

So I don't think tznius rules in a daycamp are anything new. If you want something more chilled for your child, it's a good idea to find out what the rules are, or whether they are enforced for your child's age group, in advance. Why be that poor child who is embarrassed when out of compliance and a tznius speech takes place? I would think it's a parent's responsibility to do the hw and spare her child that experience.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:18 am

I sent my daughter to Leeba which doesn’t attract a Yeshivish crowd, and even they have pretty strict tznius rules at that age (including covering elbows and wearing knee socks). In fact I purposely sent to a backyard camp for a few years so I wouldn’t have to deal with it yet. I have a hard time believing that more Yeshivish camps don’t care.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:23 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I sent my daughter to Leeba which doesn’t attract a Yeshivish crowd, and even they have pretty strict tznius rules at that age (including covering elbows and wearing knee socks). In fact I purposely sent to a backyard camp for a few years so I wouldn’t have to deal with it yet. I have a hard time believing that more Yeshivish camps don’t care.

I think there might be a difference between a camp like Leeba, which is run for the full elementary school ages, and a camp like, for example, Shevach, for younger girls.

I've found that the older daycamps tend to have a broad dress code and might be more strict about it. The younger kid daycamps might look away a bit more.

However in all situations if you have a question ask around. Don't leave it to your kid to feel shame.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:42 am
Chayalle wrote:
I think there might be a difference between a camp like Leeba, which is run for the full elementary school ages, and a camp like, for example, Shevach, for younger girls.

I've found that the older daycamps tend to have a broad dress code and might be more strict about it. The younger kid daycamps might look away a bit more.

However in all situations if you have a question ask around. Don't leave it to your kid to feel shame.

Doesn’t Shevach go up til 5th and leeba til 6th?
I might be wrong. In any case, we sent to Shevach when she was younger and actually stopped sending once the tznius rules started which were at the same age as the other camps.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:43 am
Doesn’t Shevach go up til 5th and leeba til 6th?
I might be wrong. In any case, we sent to Shevach when she was younger and actually stopped sending once the tznius rules started which were at the same age as the other camps.

Shevach is until 3rd grade

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:44 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

Sounds to me like all the people who didn’t get in were spared sending to a camp with people with a nasty attitude like you. To all of you who didn’t get in, I’d consider myself lucky.

And I’m shocked that a camp wouldn’t accept BEM girls, that’s one of the best schools in Lakewood.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:52 am
Sounds to me like all the people who didn’t get in were spared sending to a camp with people with a nasty attitude like you. To all of you who didn’t get in, I’d consider myself lucky.

And I’m shocked that a camp wouldn’t accept BEM girls, that’s one of the best schools in Lakewood.

What makes a school one of the best?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 10:49 am
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
What makes a school one of the best?

A school that has students like my adorable nieces and great-nieces....(kidding)

I think it's an excellent school, run by an amazing principal.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries