Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cell Phone

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 10:58 pm
Does anyone know of any companies that are cheap and good phones to rent from for our trip?

I know about Amigo but my husband would prefer a different company.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 8:39 pm
you can arrange it when you get there. even in the airport they have them.

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 9:03 pm
Travelcell.com has great rates in israel and you can pick it up in Flatbush and save on shipping.

loveit

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 5:23 am
also Talknsave.com or .net can't remember. THey are also located in NY so you can pick from them there, as far as I know they only do phones for Israel, might not be the cheapest but we found it to be the easiest.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 9:22 am
you can also get your american cell phone unlocked (most newer phones will work in israel too - but make sure about your model) and then just get an israeli talkman sim card. there is a company called israelsims that sells them online - they'll mail you one and then when you get to israel just pop out the american sim card and put in the new one. you can buy new minutes at lots of places walking down the street in israel.

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:
you can also get your american cell phone unlocked (most newer phones will work in israel too - but make sure about your model) and then just get an israeli talkman sim card. there is a company called israelsims that sells them online - they'll mail you one and then when you get to israel just pop out the american sim card and put in the new one. you can buy new minutes at lots of places walking down the street in israel.

For that to work you have to have a phone with a sim card. Not all companies use them. Cingular does and so does T-Mobile as far as I know but Verizon and Sprint do NOT use them.
Also, sometimes its cheaper to rent a phone rather than a sim card cuz the minute rates might be cheaper.

happyone

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:10 pm
I was told that Sprint can add Israel to your plan for just 10 dollars more a month. (I guess it also depend what type of existing plan you have.) Check with your current carrier what their rates are.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics