Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
10 year old jewish girl groped in bp
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 8:24 pm
shayna82 wrote:
interesting, his name dosnt sound jewish

how sad!!!! right in boro park in a popular area, when not even that dark out...

The molester in story of the original poster, is NOT the same story as the guy in shul.. just another story...

square_peg

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 8:27 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:
I wonder what people would say if it were their child. I would be more inclined to murder than castration. Hmmm...maybe both. And I know, DEF against halacha.
I think we can all agree that if somebody caused harm to our children, we'd want the man to be tortured and killed. But real life isn't like that. Castration isn't an acceptable punishment. Incarceration is always a possibility, preferably along with intensive therapy. Death penalty won't happen. So that's where we are.

We all start by agreeing that our young children won't be outside alone, faced with possible danger. We try to teach them about how to handle situations that might put them in danger. We look out for other kids when we're out and about, to help if necessary instead of avoiding situations because it's not our kid.

The castration talk, I assume, was an emotional reaction to a situation that we find so reprehensible that we'd happily fantasize about stringing somebody up by the you-know-whats to punish them, even though we know that won't happen and it's not the solution.

note: I'm pondering why a poster mentioned that the molester's name doesn't sound Jewish. I think we can all assume he's not Jewish. What did that comment mean?

I agree that our children shouldnt be alone outside, but this 10 year old girl was sitting outside on the front steps of her house WITH FRIENDS... I really did NOT think that that was too young.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 8:56 pm
boysmommy wrote:
I agree that our children shouldnt be alone outside, but this 10 year old girl was sitting outside on the front steps of her house WITH FRIENDS... I really did NOT think that that was too young.
I didn't read anything about what this particular girl was doing at the time, I was speaking in general terms. I don't know if he approached on foot or in a car. If it was on foot, she shouldn't have gone to speak with him. She could have said that if he needs directions she'll run in and ask one of her parents to help. If he was in a car there's no way she should go up to the car -- one of the most dangerous situations is for a kid to approach a car. At any rate, I don't know about this girl, but in general, kids shouldn't be outside alone at that age, and they certainly shouldn't be alone in close physical proximity to a stranger, especially at night. Even a friend standing close at her side might have made a difference.

Tehilla

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 8:59 pm
Clarissa is right on. There are too many days where I see young children alone, or running errands, towing younger siblings along...I've seen children hesitating (B"H though) to cross at the crosswalk until I asked them if they needed help.

It is a problem in the frum community. Yes, B"H we are surrounded with frum yidden, but children as I've said many times before (and am clearly not the only one) are treasures to be guarded.

Cdlf

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 9:20 pm
Unfortunately it's the mask of frum and/or chassidish that these sickos hide beneath that makes it so much more scary. The poor innocent children trust a guy that looks like their Totty or uncle. But it's not only young kids, teenagers are being enticed to go to a frum man's house to watch others doing inappropriate acts, and eventually want to join. I know 2 incidents -1 in Boro Park and 1 in Flatbush, and nobody says or does anything!!!

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 1:59 pm
When it comes to Adult child molestors ....
forget castration ! stoning would be a much more effective solution...
but sadly this is not an option these days.
Why castration is not effective imo ? becouse this creeps mostly use other body parts to harm children.
B'H he did not rape her! I'm proud of her and her parents for calling the police and I think she did such a mitzvah pointing out a creep that could have harmed others.
My DD is 11 and my broken record phrase to her since she was little is "stay were my eyes can see you and my arms can reach you"

Gosh this world is yucky ....We need Moshiach NOW !

Crayon210

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 1:24 am
Castration isn't effective because it isn't necessarily a s-xual issue, it's a mental/psychological one.

Also, it's against halacha.

freidasima

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 3:53 pm
Crayon is right, but there are cases of chemical temporary castration while a s=x offended undergoes treatment so that he can't harm anyone meanwhile.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 9:30 pm
freidasima wrote:
Crayon is right, but there are cases of chemical temporary castration while a s=x offended undergoes treatment so that he can't harm anyone meanwhile.
As I said in my post, it's now believed that chemical castration doesn't prevent violent attacks, since the problem isn't s*xual at all, even if the attacks are. The violent impulses are in the brain, and dealing with genitalia (either chemically or otherwise) won't change that.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 2:54 am
Clarissa wrote:
freidasima wrote:
As I said in my post, it's now believed that chemical castration doesn't prevent violent attacks, since the problem isn't s*xual at all, even if the attacks are. The violent impulses are in the brain, and dealing with genitalia (either chemically or otherwise) won't change that.

Thank you for explaining that so I didn't have to. ;-)

Clarissa

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 8:17 am
Just realized I took credit for what the exact same thing you expressed in your post, Crayon.

I'll rephrase: Crayon is right. Chemical castration doesn't work, because it's psychological.

freidasima

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:50 pm
No, what I meant is that they couldn't rape after chemical castration. Violence of other kinds is a different story.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 4:00 pm
They can and do s-xually abuse in other ways even if the hormones and parts aren't there/working.

grin

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 4:07 pm
shayna82 wrote:
how sad!!!! right in boro park in a popular area, when not even that dark out...

sorry to break it to you, but indecency exists all over in "the best of homes", as they say. heard of an incident in my own neighborhood frum school recently, between kids. Now they have to trace the chain to the adult that started it all - hopefully not frum, but who knows?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics