Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Someone just logged into my account from Russia

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 2:21 pm
I received notification from instagram that someone from Russia and someone from Netherlands just logged into my account.

Considering the current events, this gives me the chills.

Why are people hacking into my account??

(I never even use it, but don't understand what they want from it.)

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 2:23 pm
This happens to my husband with amazon. He gets logins from weird countries but it was him just their tracking was so so off.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 2:27 pm
It definitely wasn't me.
I haven't logged into my account for ages.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 3:30 pm
Accounts are hacked all the time. Especially abandoned ones. Some countries have more hackers than others, it has nothing to do current events. They just want to get your passwords to get to your bank information.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 3:31 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
Accounts are hacked all the time. Especially abandoned ones. Some countries have more hackers than others, it has nothing to do current events. They just want to get your passwords to get to your bank information.

How will this give them my bank information?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 3:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How will this give them my bank information?

Sometimes it’s the same password that they have now. Or you link accounts to your fb. I suggest you change all your passwords to be safe.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 4:08 pm
Before panicking, double-check the email and see if it really came from IG, or if it's what's called fishing, where hackers imitate an email telling you that you've been hacked and directing you to a website (which looks authentic but is really a fake that they created) to input your login info, which they will now have.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 4:12 pm
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
Before panicking, double-check the email and see if it really came from IG, or if it's what's called fishing, where hackers imitate an email telling you that you've been hacked and directing you to a website (which looks authentic but is really a fake that they created) to input your login info, which they will now have.

It’s phishing btw. Sounds like she’s referring to the email that says you have a new login from x location.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 4:12 pm
amother [ Iris ] wrote:

It's definitely from IG.
Also checked to see what other emails got from this email address and seems I also got two notifications two days ago, and was also a hack from both Russia & Netherlands, both at exact same time as well. Different devices than today though.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 4:15 pm
Check your firewall. It sounds like there could have been a breach.

And if you use the same password for multiple accounts, change it.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 5:15 pm
Do you log in on a private window? Sometimes if I log into things on a private window it can't detect where I'm logging in from. Also on my phone it also routes through funny places so it comes up as someone logged in from random places but it's just me on my phone.

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 9:34 pm
I get these messages occasionally from accounts. They are almost always from known hacking countries like Russia or China but I have occasionally gotten notice from Canada - that was that someone had logged into my Netflix account.

These tend to be valid but I NEVER NEVER NEVER follow any links to the site because that is way for them to fool people into giving them their real information. I navigate to the site directly and then change my password.

Also when I change devices I will get a notification that someone logged into my account from a device and if it is me just ignore it. For those I know it is me because they have my location and my device and I know that I logged into at that time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media