Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I love IKEA AMA
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 3:47 pm
Do you know about doing a complete laundry room?

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 4:20 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Please tell me why you like Ikea so much. Everything we have gotten from there has broken in a short amount of time, I find the furniture to be pure junk. I do think it's good for housewares and other things like that but definitely not for furniture. Please enlighten me

I have the Billy bookcases with glass doors. Got it for a fraction of the price I would pay in a Jewish store. I have the Pax closet system no issues. I have desk and swivel chairs with no issues either. My kitchen cabinets are from ikea...look great after 8 years. The one thing I have a problem with is the Tobias acrylic chairs....they crack easily. Otherwise everything I have bought held up great and saved me a ton of money.

SG18

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 4:35 pm
I'm looking for a metal countertop with shelves underneath for my kitchen, to add more counter/storage space. I think it's called a שולחן עבודה here in Israel. Should be deep enough to put pots/pans on the shelves. Does Ikea have something like this?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 4:40 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Please tell me why you like Ikea so much. Everything we have gotten from there has broken in a short amount of time, I find the furniture to be pure junk. I do think it's good for housewares and other things like that but definitely not for furniture. Please enlighten me

I have a PAX wardrobe for 8 years excellent condition.
I love IKEA because its inexpensive, has wonderful storage solutions, elegant and modern features in their home organizing and design features (bathroom and kitchen designs 1/4 the price of the standard contractors) Excellent for small space storage. All without breaking the bank.
I especially love the boxes and containers.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 4:48 pm
SG18 wrote:
I'm looking for a metal countertop with shelves underneath for my kitchen, to add more counter/storage space. I think it's called a שולחן עבודה here in Israel. Should be deep enough to put pots/pans on the shelves. Does Ikea have something like this?

I am not sure I understand what it is you are referring is it this?
if you are looking for a countertop, you would probably want it wider...
let me see what I can find
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/h.....8326/

ahuvah4

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 9:08 pm
I'm looking for a beautiful seforim shank with doors. Glossy white preferable. I know people say just get from ikea, but I don't know where to start, What are my options?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 9:30 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Out of stock online and in stores near Spring Valley.
I want that and a matching night table (2 chest drawer)
For a bedroom.
I guess I will need to consider other options.
I've been looking at their website for months now.

Try Craig's list. I've gotten already built stuff for half the price !

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 9:47 pm
I love IKEA too. Things have been out of stock where I live too. Been looking for a while for some items...
They last a long time if you dont get the "wood" (I know, not real wood) wet. It wont be something you pass down to your kids and much wont likely survive a move or even furniture rearranging too often.
They are space efficient, cheap to buy, and include a fun activity for a Sunday with the kids (ie Building it!!). They also are pretty timeless.

They also have some great ideas, knickknacks and small space solutions. And nothing beats the Billy bookcases!

spikta

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 4:55 am
Are Billy bookcases really strong enough for seforim? I got a couple last year and it looks like the shelves with the shas are starting to bend. Is the narrow version better for this? I got the wide Billy.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 9:22 am
spikta wrote:
Are Billy bookcases really strong enough for seforim? I got a couple last year and it looks like the shelves with the shas are starting to bend. Is the narrow version better for this? I got the wide Billy.

We have seforim on ours for years and no issues whatsoever. We keep the shas on the bottom though.

mizle10

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 9:25 am
ahuvah4 wrote:
I'm looking for a beautiful seforim shank with doors. Glossy white preferable. I know people say just get from ikea, but I don't know where to start, What are my options?

I have a 4 unit wide BESTA. The bottom is high gloss black and the top shelves have glass doors. I love it and was about $1000 total. My only complaint with it is that it's shorter than a "jewish" seforim shank.

mizle10

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 9:30 am
This is it in white. These doors are not high gloss. There are so many door options you can pick whatever you like.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/b.....9699/

The top 2 doors I have glass like this

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/o.....9654/

If you want to add legs there are stainless, gold, and white options.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/o.....9901/
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/n.....3595/
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/s.....3564/

I have 4 units like this attached and it really looks beautiful!

mizle10

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 9:32 am
Sorry one more post:)

This is it with 2 drawers on the bottom instead of 1 door with shelves

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/b.....ntent

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 9:33 am
ahuvah4 wrote:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/l.....6442/

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 10:19 am
IKEA is a terrible company that uses its power to seize and raze important old-growth forest ecosystems in Europe for its wood. I'd recommend not buying their products and spending just a little more on eco friendly wood products made in the USA.

scintilla

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 10:46 am
Fyi for those looking for an out of stock item, I highly recommend checking early in the morning and being willing to drive to the store that same day - or even a store an hour away or so if you are desperate enough. I needed something very specific measurements that only Ikea made (spent HOURS looking online!) and was desperate enough to check every day at 2 am...anyways it paid off and got it within 2 weeks! But by 9 am everything was sold out again so unless you're quick you wouldn't even know it had been briefly back in stock.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 10:48 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
IKEA is a terrible company that uses its power to seize and raze important old-growth forest ecosystems in Europe for its wood. I'd recommend not buying their products and spending just a little more on eco friendly wood products made in the USA.

Eco friendly wood products made in the USA will cost more than just a "little more".

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 10:55 am
amother [ Bottlebrush ] wrote:
Eco friendly wood products made in the USA will cost more than just a "little more".

Still worth it.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 11:08 am
Any ideas and links on closet storage organizing, lower part of closet

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 11:08 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Still worth it.

If you can afford it, that's great for you.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics