Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
What can I do with this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:51 pm
I wrote a 2,300 word piece about my experience working as a frum women in corporate america, and making difficult decisions for my career and family. Is there anywhere I can publish it? Thanks!

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 10:22 am
Did you try sending it to magazines?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 12:42 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
Did you try sending it to magazines?

Do you know which ones might take something like that? Prefer one that might pay something, but that's not a must.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 1:20 pm
Ami? Mishpacha? Do you have any contacts? I think Yael Weisner would be a good person to talk to; maybe if you're both on LInkedIn you can message her.
Also, can you cut it down to 2000? I think the standard word count is 2000. I don't think it's that crucial to do it; editors will guide you if what you have to say is publishable. But you might want to see what you can do. Send in the longer one but have the edited one available.

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 2:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wrote a 2,300 word piece about my experience working as a frum women in corporate america, and making difficult decisions for my career and family. Is there anywhere I can publish it? Thanks!

I have published many pieces as a freelance writer.
Don't cut it down to 2000. I have never limited myself to a certain number.
Just make sure it's not overly wordy.
All the mags pay 10 cents per word.
I think either mishpacha or ami would publish such a thing provided ots well written.
Maybe even Binah.
Good luck.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 8:31 pm
thank you, this is so helpful! I am new to this scene and am grateful to all of you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club