Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My baby miserable from Eczema please help
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 9:42 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
You can ask your doctor for a free sample to see if it works for you before you fight insurance for it or pay so much

Please do that first. Eucrisa burned my baby’s skin. Google it. It’s a known issue

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 9:42 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Oy. We need to have a consult! I help people with this, although I don't like to put my name out. Maybe someone will recommend on this thread. Wishing you and baby success overcoming it

Suri sprei wellness redefined

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 11:00 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
My husband had terrible eczema as a child. His parents/doctors tried literally everything. Finally, he went to a doctor who told him to use only the plain (original) Dove bar soap. His eczema cleared up, and he's never had any issues since. It's still the only thing he uses.
It's all I use on my baby, and her skin is very clear. (Her pediatrician said it's the smoothest skin she's seen)

I second dove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked magic on my eczemic kids. The original is great, I also use the **unscented** baby wash. Cannot recommend it highly enough.
My kids and I all have eczema. It's now BH well managed, but I really feel your pain. Everyone has different triggers- food has zero effect on us, but we are SUPER sensitive to topicals. It can often take a LOT of trial and error to find something that will work for you.

Our personal success story includes:

Only UNSCENTED detergent (off brand okay). Absolutely no fabric softeners, dryer sheets, or any other add-ins. Not even in a separate load with a rinse cycle between. It's not allowed in the house!!!!!

Changing sheets frequently. Esp pillowcases.

Everythinggggg is unscented. I pick the plainest smelling soaps, etc. Remember that bubblegum bath bubbles will leave residue in the bathtub, even if you're using on a diff child.

Might not be practical, but get rid of carpet when you can. When I walk into a place with carpet, I start to itch. It holds dust. Keep things vacuumed as much as possible.

Between flare-ups- I immediately layer my kids with Cerave when they leave the bath, and then COAT in baby aquaphor. Like super thick layer. I immediately stick in sleeper pajamas and let them marinate all night Smile. We go through it in tubs but I see major results.

Water wipes if diaper rash is a concern.

This might not be the path for you, but it has worked wonders on myself and my kids. Best of luck to you OP!!!!!!!!!!!

PS- Lots of products- even for "sensitive skin"- have fragrance. Make sure it's scent-free.
PPS- Hydrocortisone gets bad rap (for good reason- it's a powerful steriod). However, we have lots of success with it, and in my experience, appropriate use in the early stages of the rash usually prevents it from becoming a full blown issue. I also personally can attest that I get a lot of relief from it. I have a lot more success with ointment as opposed to cream- cream doesn't absorb well.
(Posted under amother since ppl know that I swear by this lol)

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 11:16 am
amother [ Honey ] wrote:

PS- Lots of products- even for "sensitive skin"- have fragrance. Make sure it's scent-free.
PPS- Hydrocortisone gets bad rap (for good reason- it's a powerful steriod). However, we have lots of success with it, and in my experience, appropriate use in the early stages of the rash usually prevents it from becoming a full blown issue. I also personally can attest that I get a lot of relief from it. I have a lot more success with ointment as opposed to cream- cream doesn't absorb well.
(Posted under amother since ppl know that I swear by this lol)

Of course you get a lot of relief from it. Steroids work through a mechanism called vasoconstriction. Vaso means blood vessel, constriction, well, you know what that means. Steroids shut down the blood vessels, causing blood to not flow so intensively to the surface of the skin.

If used safely, that's fine. But if not -- if the steroid has been used incorrectly -- the body goes into fighting mode, and when the steroid is removed and is excreted from the body, then the body goes into a super-flare (usually about 2 months from the last usage). This happens because the blood vessels were too forcefully shut down, so when the steroid is out of the body, the blood vessels go haywire and hyper-dilate, sending out a big rush of blood to the surface of the skin. At that point, the person can look like a burn victim -- very red or pink -- and doctors can get alarmed that they have cellulitis. It is usually a wrong diagnosis and is simply hyper-dilation from blood vessels that were mistreated.

At that point, people think they're "eczema" is insanely out of control and that they will never heal by themselves... and go back to the steroids, tapping into the mechanism of vasoconstriction again. It can become a never-ending cycle of addiction.

And re: oinments versus creams: Ointments are higher potency than creams, and they are more occlusive, thereby causing the steroid to remain on the skin longer and have more affect on the skin. Those two factors cause the ointment to work better than creams. But just because it's magic at the moment of using it, doesn't mean that it's been used safely and isn't the current reason for the rashes.

So many times the original cause of eczema has already disappeared, and people are just battling steroid damage for years and year and years...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 11:49 am
Wow wow so much info. So I was using draft so I need to buy a detergent can anyone recommend one - is target free and clear good?
She has allergies we tested , I am still nursing and supplementing with neocate . It’s hard to be off of so many things .
I remember my allergist said eczema is the scratch that itches, the more you scratch the more it itches . I feel so bad how much pain she’s in .
Looks like someone posted from thr binah it’s an Israeli number? I live in New York .

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow wow so much info. So I was using draft so I need to buy a detergent can anyone recommend one - is target free and clear good?
She has allergies we tested , I am still nursing and supplementing with neocate . It’s hard to be off of so many things .
I remember my allergist said eczema is the scratch that itches, the more you scratch the more it itches . I feel so bad how much pain she’s in .
Looks like someone posted from thr binah it’s an Israeli number? I live in New York .

Did you do a scratch test or blood test for allergies?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 11:51 am
Definitely stop the dreft. Any free and clear is ok.

SashaT

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 12:02 pm
Eucrisa helped us as well. Steroids helped at first and then stopped helping. I would caution against putting any food product on eczema unless your baby is already eating it. There are studies that link food introduced through skin to an allergy to that food. I haven’t had personal experience with it, but many dermatologists recommend wet wrapping for really bad cases. I also know there are some childrens’ hospitals in America that admit and treat for eczema. I believe National Jewish Heath is one.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 2:03 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Definitely stop the dreft. Any free and clear is ok.

Second this! Also, if your clothes are washed in regular scented detergent, your baby's face will be rubbing against your clothing.... regardless I highly recommend switching the whole family. I use wool dryer balls instead of dryer sheets.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 4:51 pm
Mayflower wrote:
That is so interesting! My 6yo also has terrible eczema and nothing seems to work (except for cortisone, which works magic until we stop using it and the eczema will come back worse...). Will definitely try this.
You say the plain original is better than the sensitive skin bar? Just want to double check to avoid doing more harm than good...

https://www.amazon.com/Dove-Wh.....ss_tl

This is the one. Let me know how it goes!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 12:49 pm
Someone posted the name
Siri sprei wellness redefined- what is that and where is she located? Anyone know details , what type of doctor is that

moomles

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 4:27 pm
I too had a baby whose cheeks oozed with terrible eczema. Two things helped; I was breastfeeding and stopped all milk products which I discovered he was allergic to. Also the hospital did a nasal swab and treated me for staphylococcal infection which they thought was infecting him.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 4:44 pm
My son has been (mostly) clear from his eczema BH BH for a few years already. I remember that we were told to minimize itching as much as possible, because that worsens the condition. Instead, we would massage aquaphor cream or olive oil in when he was itchy. We had some fun routines/games that made the rubbing enjoyable for all of us.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 5:32 pm
My eczema baby is a mom herself now but thi is what helped . As mentioned, dove, free detergent ( I use tide), aquaphor and when she was older the ped okayed bleach baths. Are they still recommended? Definitely worth while asking the doctor if it is recommended and the proper ratio to add to the bath. This was so helpful for the behind the knee eczema which was particularly awful on her.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:01 pm
Didn't read all replies so not sure if someone already mentioned him. Dr. Ghindi. an allergist who recommended laser bomb cream from the elta company. My brother had awful awful case of eczema and was completely cured by using this cream. No steroids. You can order it online.
And Dr. Antebbe is a chiropractor in Flatbush I believe who does wonders for some people. Didn't work for my brother but I know some people first hand who saw tremendous yeshuos through him.
The organization kumi uri is phenomenal they deal with this. I was in davos Switzerland this summer and was in their shu.. Looks amazing. Good luck with everything.

Ma3

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:12 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Didn't read all replies so not sure if someone already mentioned him. Dr. Ghindi. an allergist who recommended laser bomb cream from the elta company. My brother had awful awful case of eczema and was completely cured by using this cream. No steroids. You can order it online.
And Dr. Antebbe is a chiropractor in Flatbush I believe who does wonders for some people. Didn't work for my brother but I know some people first hand who saw tremendous yeshuos through him.
The organization kumi uri is phenomenal they deal with this. I was in davos Switzerland this summer and was in their shu.. Looks amazing. Good luck with everything.

For me Dr Anteby was an amazing shaliach. I also used Dr Gindi before and he told me my child was allergic to 4-5 foods but it was really a lot more than that. The cream he gave worked so well for my child but only for a while cause it didn't solve the underlying issue. He also gave cream with lots of instructions. 15 minute bath, etc etc. It wasn't just smearing the cream onto dry skin.

What I realized years ago is that every single eczema case stems from a different reason and each case is so unique. What helps for one might not necessarily help for another. Someone mentioned moisturizing with olive oil. My child could not tolerate that and was actually reacting from that too.

OP, I have you find the right path to help your child! Hurts me so much when I see eczema kids... Coming from there myself.. not easy...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:42 pm
Thank you everyone for taking time to respond: I have found allergies and she’s been off of those things . I once called Dr Anteby and was told he’s not taking new patients till after Pesach .
What is that organization kumi uri ? How do I contact them. My main issue is her face so it’s not like I can soak her in a bath .

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:02 am
Bump

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 11:32 am
Try A.D. Gel by Dermor, available online in Israel. It works. It relieved the itch immediately and after a few weeks the skin looked much better.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 1:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you everyone for taking time to respond: I have found allergies and she’s been off of those things . I once called Dr Anteby and was told he’s not taking new patients till after Pesach .
What is that organization kumi uri ? How do I contact them. My main issue is her face so it’s not like I can soak her in a bath .

You can do wet wraps on the face. It's not pretty but it works if done consistently. I do it after a bath on full body because my child has eczema all over but you can do just the face. Pat face dry. Apply thick moisturizer of choice. Take long strips of rolled gauze (I bought a case on Amazon) and wrap carefully around the face. I usually start at the forehead and then work my way around. When I get to the cheeks I pull the gauze over one cheek, then twist it over the nose and then over the other cheek. A little hard to explain without seeing it. Leave gauze on for an hour or 2 and after you remove it, apply a new layer of moisturizer.
DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILD TO SLEEP WITH THE GAUZE ON THEIR FACE UNLESS YOU WILL BE THERE TO SUPERVISE CONSTANTLY! Even if they will not be sleeping, keep an eye on them to ensure the gauze does not slip and obstruct breathing.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics