Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I love IKEA AMA
Previous  1  2  3

mizle10

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 11:51 am
scintilla wrote:
Fyi for those looking for an out of stock item, I highly recommend checking early in the morning and being willing to drive to the store that same day - or even a store an hour away or so if you are desperate enough. I needed something very specific measurements that only Ikea made (spent HOURS looking online!) and was desperate enough to check every day at 2 am...anyways it paid off and got it within 2 weeks! But by 9 am everything was sold out again so unless you're quick you wouldn't even know it had been briefly back in stock.

You can also sign up to get a text alert when the item is back in stock.

scintilla

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 11:58 am
mizle10 wrote:

I did that but they never sent the alert Confused

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 12:23 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Any ideas and links on closet storage organizing, lower part of closet

Can you be more specific? What do you want to store there? which closet are you referring to?

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 12:27 pm
scintilla wrote:
Fyi for those looking for an out of stock item, I highly recommend checking early in the morning and being willing to drive to the store that same day - or even a store an hour away or so if you are desperate enough. I needed something very specific measurements that only Ikea made (spent HOURS looking online!) and was desperate enough to check every day at 2 am...anyways it paid off and got it within 2 weeks! But by 9 am everything was sold out again so unless you're quick you wouldn't even know it had been briefly back in stock.

Yes, I just did that yesterday! My husband drove over an hour to pick up something we were waiting a long time for.

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 1:01 pm
Not sure which furniture you have that's had quality issues or what you're doing to them...

I have a Billy that hosted heavy Jewish sefarim for about 10 years very well. The strongest shelves are the middle and bottom so try to put the heaviest ones there. Also, make sure you anchor the bookcase to the wall.

I also have several Pax closets. Love them because they are fully customizable, look nice, much lower price than comparable custom options, fit great in my space, and did I mention that customizing it to my needs and space was awesome? And you can always swap out elements if you need to re-customize in the future. Two of the closets I got secondhand so I can assure you they survived a move very well - they did need some reinforcement after moving, and again make sure you anchor them. I do have some sagging in the middle of large shelves that I loaded heavily but I am fully aware that I overloaded them. Smaller shelves are easier to not overload but that's what worked for my space. Try to put the heavier items near the edges of the shelves to avoid sagging in middle. The sagging so far has not been major; if and when it gets actually bothersome I can replace shelves for $10 each (long live Ikea, ka"h.)

I have some kitchen cabinet drawers that are holding up beautifully and look great.

I have some Besta bookcases that I bought because they were on sale - the wood is stronger (solid instead of particle) so it should be better quality but I'm less satisfied with it than billy. It's on feet so I'm constantly losing things under it, there's a kind of border around the edges so you can't stuff it so full of books as frum families are wont to, and the shelves don't rest as solidly on the pegs as the billy ones do. But if you're worried about sagging particleboard, you could try solid wood options like this. They have held up very sturdily.

I have a metal bunk bed that is rock solid for maybe 4 or more years now - and that was secondhand so it's seen more use than that plus was already moved once. I chose it because we tried out the beds in the store and the wooden ones seemed less sturdy and a little shaky. The metal is super strong, though.

The one fail I had was an expedit (they changed the name of it, I think. The square/cube storage thing.) I got it secondhand and it just would not reassemble, the whole thing fell apart and was garbage. But it was fine at its first owner.

Basically don't plan to move around too much with your Ikea stuff but if you're planning to stay in one place a while - or if you're renting and want to improve your quality of life with more furniture/storage but without investing in long-term items that you'll have to keep shlepping with you - it's great value. And so fun.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 12:54 pm
Which desk would you sooner recommend for a girls room ? The 39” Alex https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/a.....3555/
or the Hemnes https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/h.....3223/

I want something sturdy and practical, but also pretty looking

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 5:45 am
they both look the same sturdy.
I would go with the Alex, looks sleeker...
If you go for the other one, you can change the handles to something more kid friendly.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 10:27 pm
OP do you know anything about this light fixture? Is it very dim or gives off normal light https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/h.....9266/

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 11:40 pm
mizle10 wrote:

I signed up and after a week I got a notification that the item is still not in stock, and my request for notification has expired, but I could sign up again to receive notice.

Some items do say when they will be restocked.
An item I checked today said restocking in 5 weeks.

Maybe items who get restocked earlier are returns that are processed at night.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 11:58 pm
Can you put a Pax system into an existing empty closet? Instead of custom closets?
Any blogs to recommend who did it well?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:00 am
OP can you help me put together a besta unit? I know which doors and legs I want but can’t figure out which cabinet to get, and want to make sure everything else is the right size

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:19 pm
Bumping this up. Has anyone bought kitchen cabinets from Ikea and wree you happy?

kenz

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:38 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Out of stock online and in stores near Spring Valley.
I want that and a matching night table (2 chest drawer)
For a bedroom.
I guess I will need to consider other options.
I've been looking at their website for months now.

I find that online they don't always have items in stock but in the store you can get them. This happened to me twice in the Brooklyn store.

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:19 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
What’s their best linen?

Anything 300 thread count and up is great! All my linen is from ikea and all is soft as butter..
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics