Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppababy Vista or something else

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 12 2022, 5:18 pm
I'm a FTM due in June iyh and have begun to look at strollers namely the VistaV2. I love the look, the big wheels as I live in Canada, the large storage basket, and the simplicity to click in the bassinet, car seat, and stroller seat.
Being frum and hoping to have more kids soon I really liked the idea of it being able to grow with my family.

This all being said spending over 1000$ for a stroller pre car seat is A LOT of money and I don't know if it's worth it.

Does anyone have the Vista and use it with multiple kids? Are their better strollers that I should look into?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Mar 12 2022, 5:20 pm
Have you looked into the mockingbird? It’s nearly identical to uppababy and a fraction of the price.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sat, Mar 12 2022, 5:26 pm
What are you planning on doing with your stroller?

I had the vista and used it with 2 kids. It worked great, pushes smoothly, and has an awesome basket, but it takes up a lot of space, is super heavy uphill, and is very annoying to put in and out of the trunk.

lamplighter

Post Sat, Mar 12 2022, 5:29 pm
It's a fantastic stroller but it's not that great as a double. If that's your primary reason for going for it, I'd pick something else.

amother
Catmint

Post Sat, Mar 12 2022, 5:50 pm
If your kids are not very close in age its perfect as a double. The second seat you keep in car/ house and click on and off as needed. If you always need to push 2 kids, maybe a side by side double stroller is better.
While the vista is bulky, it takes up a lot less space than a single stroller + a double stroller.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 8:20 pm
I like the feature but it's more of a bonus. Especially while baby number two iyh is still a newborn.

I like a lot of the other features too.

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 8:52 am
Hi not sure if this is still applicable but I'm also a FTM in Canada and have the Uppababy Vista Smile I did look into the Mockingbird, which someone else suggested and it is almost the exact same thing as the Uppababy. The reason I didn't get it was because of something to do with the warranty- it would be difficult to have the warranty in Canada as it is not sold there. If you wanted to buy it, you would have to send it to the US and then have someone bring it to you, but that might be too much of a schlep.
In my opinion, the Uppababy is worth it since it has amazing wheels, especially with the all the snow in Canada. It pushes really easily and you can even turn it with one hand if you need to. Since you are due in June so that might not be a factor for you, but iyH when you have other children they might be born in the winter and that will definitely be helpful.
It is also very simple to use, everything clicks in and out very easily (and I'm not the type who is good with these things).
The only cons are that it is a bigger stroller, so it takes up more space and if you are pushing it in a crowded store, it can be difficult to move around. If you have a small car, it will take up a lot of trunk space. Also, the uppababy car seat is a little heavy, it's 10 lbs. that being said, you do get used to it.

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 8:59 am
I like mine. Bought it used for $400

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 9:02 am
Not sure price difference, but you can look at city select as well.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 9:25 am
From personal experience:
We still use the cheap Graco stroller (less than $100) that we bought 6 years ago for our first, and it works perfectly. We also have new Graco carseats (less than $50) that fit said stroller.

While other moms look haughtily at my "piece of garbage", I can't help but smirk knowing I paid a tenth of what they did and yet accomplish the same thing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 10:03 am
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
Hi not sure if this is still applicable but I'm also a FTM in Canada and have the Uppababy Vista Smile I did look into the Mockingbird, which someone else suggested and it is almost the exact same thing as the Uppababy. The reason I didn't get it was because of something to do with the warranty- it would be difficult to have the warranty in Canada as it is not sold there. If you wanted to buy it, you would have to send it to the US and then have someone bring it to you, but that might be too much of a schlep.
In my opinion, the Uppababy is worth it since it has amazing wheels, especially with the all the snow in Canada. It pushes really easily and you can even turn it with one hand if you need to. Since you are due in June so that might not be a factor for you, but iyH when you have other children they might be born in the winter and that will definitely be helpful.
It is also very simple to use, everything clicks in and out very easily (and I'm not the type who is good with these things).
The only cons are that it is a bigger stroller, so it takes up more space and if you are pushing it in a crowded store, it can be difficult to move around. If you have a small car, it will take up a lot of trunk space. Also, the uppababy car seat is a little heavy, it's 10 lbs. that being said, you do get used to it.

Thanks!!
Can I ask what area of Canada you are in? I live in Montreal. My biggest concern with it is the weight as I live on a second-floor duplex and would have to drag it up and down the stairs each time. I love it for all other reasons!
I've also been looking into the Agio Z4 by peg perego as its nearly 4lbs lighter! I'm currently leaning towards that but not ready to fully let go of the Vista.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 11:32 am
I live in NJ and have the Vista as a double. I HATE it. while its amazing for its large basket and the ability to switch easily between bassinet, car seat etc. The push is horrible once you use it for 2 kids. talking about the snow-its so hard to push in sand, snow, up hill etc. while its obviously easier to push than some cheaper options, it can no way be called an awesome stroller once you use it with 2 children. you can also only have the smaller child in the add on seat otherwise its even harder to push.

and taking it down and up the stairs in my opinion would be a disaster. I live in a basement aparment which is 7 steps down and Its real heavy and very wide so you need both hands to do it etc.

I just bought a Citi Mini GT as a double because it was so hard to use and I'm loving it!

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 11:57 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
We still use the cheap Graco stroller (less than $100) that we bought 6 years ago for our first, and it works perfectly. We also have new Graco carseats (less than $50) that fit said stroller.

While other moms look haughtily at my "piece of garbage", I can't help but smirk knowing I paid a tenth of what they did and yet accomplish the same thing.

Whos looking haughtily? I paid 300 for a used Vista with full accessories, including 2nd seat, the board, etc...

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 1:00 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

I've pushed Graco strollers and they don't do nearly as well as high end strollers. I'm sure they're fine, but if you aren't always on smooth terrain you'll definitely feel the difference. I can't afford the cost of a new high end stroller so I buy used in excellent condition. That way I can pay Graco price for UPPAbaby quality. UPPAbaby in the US has incredible customer service and they've replaced parts that got ruined due to misuse- for free.

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 4:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!!
Can I ask what area of Canada you are in? I live in Montreal. My biggest concern with it is the weight as I live on a second-floor duplex and would have to drag it up and down the stairs each time. I love it for all other reasons!
I've also been looking into the Agio Z4 by peg perego as its nearly 4lbs lighter! I'm currently leaning towards that but not ready to fully let go of the Vista.

Sure! I live in Toronto and I live in an apartment on the main floor, so I have two small flights of stairs to drag the stroller up/down, about 12 steps. It's a little annoying but I usually bring the stroller by itself and then put my baby into it. You can also push the stroller down by itself and then put your baby in the car seat and click the car seat in. Some buildings let you leave strollers right by the front doors, which makes things a lot easier but my landlords don't even want it in the hallway outside our apartment door.
It's a little heavy but not insanely so.
I haven't looked into Agio Z4 but I'm not sure if 4 lbs is that much of a difference. Whatever you get, I would say make sure it can handle snow/slush, since you live in Canada that's practically half the year. Personally I didn't want to have to struggle with pushing every time I went out.

Feel free to ask me more questions Smile

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 5:05 pm
I bought this stroller and I literally can't see why anybody spends double on the uppababy if you can get this. I love it! I literally put my neighbors Uppababy next to mine and not only does mine even feel more sturdy, the bassinett part is much larger - my baby lasted in it quite long.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084.....ss_tl
It only came out in 2018 but the reviews are amazing and I am truly happy with mine.

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 5:08 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
I bought this stroller and I literally can't see why anybody spends double on the uppababy if you can get this. I love it! I literally put my neighbors Uppababy next to mine and not only does mine even feel more sturdy, the bassinett part is much larger - my baby lasted in it quite long.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084.....ss_tl
It only came out in 2018 but the reviews are amazing and I am truly happy with mine.

This does look like a good stroller, the only thing is that a lot of these strollers people buy that are comparable to the vista or other expensive strollers is that on Canadian Amazon they either don't exist or are a lot more expensive.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 5:34 pm
I have the Vista and it's heavy and bulky--pushes well but not a good car stroller. I didn't end up getting the second seat because my kids are 2 years apart and tall. I think it only pays if you have twins or a smaller gap. It doesn't accommodate bigger kids for too long and you have to put the bigger kid in the toddler seat, so you can't have the baby close to you. I got a citi mini double gt and I really like it. If I could go back I would've gotten a city mini single for the first and saved some $$.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics