Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Can I sell this?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:12 pm
Do you think I can sell a stroller that squeaks when pushed? The joints may be rusty on the inside. The outside looks perfect condition. It was used for a few years

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:12 pm
No!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:18 pm
YouTube to figure out why it's squeaking. Fix it. Then you have something to talk about.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:27 pm
If you're honest about the squeaking and sell it for an amazing deal, I don't see why not.

devorah1231

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 12:23 am
My neighbor oiled mine for me and now it doesn't squeak!

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 12:56 am
It might be great for someone who is on a tight budget and needs something secondhand as long as you are upfront about it.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 3:33 am
Oil the joints and sell it. Mention to her that oil is good for squeaky joints.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 3:36 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
It might be great for someone who is on a tight budget and needs something secondhand as long as you are upfront about it.

Agree.
Could also be someone who can afford it but is thrifty, buys 2nd hand saves herself a nice chunk.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 8:11 am
It's probably worth giving the stroller a quick oiling of the joints and see if that helps. Otherwise you can tell the person it's got a bit of a squeak and it should disappear if you oil it (the price should be a bit lower then). People buying second hand things know it won't be like new. I know when I'm buying a second hand stroller, it would have been used. But my expectations for a second hand stroller that costs $30 is very different to one that would cost me $300 or even $700.
The only time it wouldn't be fair is if you're charging a very high price and saying it's like new.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics