Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training method

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 8:14 am
We’re thinking of toilet training when we’re home together, or after pesach when everything is nice and calm.

Now. My son is 2. I noticed he takes off everything from the waist down lately and stays dry when we wake up for the day. He also grabs a new diaper when he needs to be changed or says something in Yiddish about a pamper.
We brought a kid toilet seat and I’ve been telling him about it and what it’s for.

So I’m thinking is he ready?

What do y’all do with your kids? I see there are a lot of different methods and I’m kinda overwhelmed don’t know where to begin🙈
How do you do it with a little baby to care for in the picture?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 8:18 am
My kid was super ready.
Step 1: "tomorrow there will be no more diapers. You'll make pishy and yuckies in the toilet or potty" repeat a few times
Step 2: "good morning! Today there are no more diapers, we'll make all our pishy and yuckies in the toilet or potty! When you get good at that, I have underwear for you!". Kid is barebottomed all day. Every so often I encourage a potty trip/ watch for signs. I had someone else in charge of baby for day 1 to focus on toddler

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 2:57 pm
Toilet training in a day book is great (not that it takes a day, just the concepts are great)
https://www.amazon.com/Toilet-.....r=8-1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training