Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Looking for pediatrician - Baltimore
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 10:08 am
Quote:
Ugh whenever anyone goes on and on about how they LOVE their kids pediatrician it makes me wonder if I should be switching. I feel “eh” about my kids doctor. She’s ok… thank G-d my kids are pretty healthy so her expertise hasn’t been put to the test. I always feel so rushed though during appointments. Like I have to say everything super quick and get all of my questions in as fast as I can while she is in the middle of doing the exam otherwise before I know it the appointment is over and she is out the door. She’s nice I just feel so extremely rushed! I know it has to do with time and making money but is every doctor/practice like this?

Do you tell her you have questions? I tell them I have a bunch of questions after they are done checking my kid. They then sit in the chair and listen to my questions and answer them. Maybe they don't know you have questions or concerns. You need to let them know. In all my years (my oldest is 19) in multiple practices in multiple states, I only once had a doctor who made me feel rushed (and it was a doctor covering my regular doctor who was out)

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 10:25 am
Since you are willing to use a female doctor, I think you will have a much easier time, OP. I was looking for a male pediatrician for a while and it's really hard to find a good one with experience that is taking new patients. I really miss the old school model of pediatricians- I think they used to use their own brain more, where as most of the newer doctors are just spitting back verbatim what they're told from AAP.
Ugh, not for me. Especially in these days of covid obsession.

Lilac1859

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 12:42 pm
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
I would not use her unless you want to wait over an hour every visit

I highly recommend main street pediatrics. They're all great. Dr. Poliakoff is frum but every doctor there is excellent. No wait times, very responsive, they'll fit you in and call you back

I second main street pediatrics! It's in foundry row in owings mills (though I believe they have a towson location as well) I've never had a long wait and have been able to see my dr for sick visits on short notice.
We use Dr. Sella because she was the only Dr taking new patients when my daughter is born but she is moving in July 2022 and I have requested to switch to Dr Polliakoff after. Ive spoken to him before and was impressed by his knowledge and patience.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 1:38 pm
ek22 wrote:
I second main street pediatrics! It's in foundry row in owings mills (though I believe they have a towson location as well) I've never had a long wait and have been able to see my dr for sick visits on short notice.
We use Dr. Sella because she was the only Dr taking new patients when my daughter is born but she is moving in July 2022 and I have requested to switch to Dr Polliakoff after. Ive spoken to him before and was impressed by his knowledge and patience.

We are very happy with Dr. Poliakoff as well.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 3:05 pm
Oh man. We just switched to Main Street for my boys and were going to switch to Dr. Sella for my girls. :-(
Where is she moving?

Lilac1859

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 3:50 pm
Oh man! I forgot where shes moving, I think she's moving back to the state where she moved from originally. If you're looking for a female for your girls I recommend Dr Orzech. I'm sure the others are great but I've never been seen them so cant speak of them personally.
You can still Dr sella until she moves and after that theyre having a dr to replace her, her name is Dr Mancilla and she will be there temporarily until July 2023 when a different dr who used to be in the practice is returning (I forgot her name, she moved out and is moving back to baltimore next summer)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 2:47 pm
Any other replies? I'm going to take the plunge and switch soon. Bonus if I can get a male for my sons and female for my girls within same practice. Not too far from the frum community...

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 3:02 pm
We’re very happy with Dr. Netanel Schwob and NP Jennie Cho. The office staff has changed recently and now it’s so easy to get early morning appointments.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 3:08 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
We’re very happy with Dr. Netanel Schwob and NP Jennie Cho. The office staff has changed recently and now it’s so easy to get early morning appointments.

I'm really happy with Dr Schwob but I don't think they're accepting new patients at the moment.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 3:40 pm
Thank you! Anyone else?

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 3:44 pm
Maryland Pediatric Group is pretty good.
Only reason why I'm not thrilled is because my views on vaccines have changed since COVID and I find that almost all pediatricians are not open to any flexibility in that area. But if that doesn't bother you, then MPG is great.

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 4:10 pm
Try Main Street Pediatrics or Owings Mills Pediatrics. People are happy at both and both have male and female doctors.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 4:16 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Try Main Street Pediatrics or Owings Mills Pediatrics. People are happy at both and both have male and female doctors.

I know, its just so far....thank you

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 4:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
Honestly, they're not that far... Only Dr. Schwab and Dr. Heilegman are significantly closer.
However, depending upon where you live, Maryland Pediatric Group may be a bit closer than Owings Mills area. They're on Falls Rd, next to Greenspring Station. They have both male and female.
OP, ultimately you need to decide which factor is most important to you.

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 4:42 pm
amother OP wrote:

I don't know where you live, but it's 20-25 min without traffic. Other than Dr Schwab (who is like 12 min away) or Dr heiligman, most doctors are not right here.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 6:52 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
I don't know where you live, but it's 20-25 min without traffic. Other than Dr Schwab (who is like 12 min away) or Dr heiligman, most doctors are not right here.

Oh, I was hoping 5 or 10 min. Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 7:07 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Honestly, they're not that far... Only Dr. Schwab and Dr. Heilegman are significantly closer.
However, depending upon where you live, Maryland Pediatric Group may be a bit closer than Owings Mills area. They're on Falls Rd, next to Greenspring Station. They have both male and female.
OP, ultimately you need to decide which factor is most important to you.

Which male and female drs do people like in these 2 practices?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 8:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Which male and female drs do people like in these 2 practices?

At MPG there's only one male doctor practicing and I'm not sure he's taking new patients but he's good. Dr. Brinkmann is very good there. Not such a fan of LaRosa.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 8:55 pm
I like Dr. Winkelstein and Dr. Donahoo at Maryland Pediatric Group. I haven’t seen all the doctors there, though.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:09 pm
Thanks again for all the replies. Anyone else?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics