Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish move to Florida
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 12:24 am
Jacksonville is a mix of all Jews not just chassidish and everything is walkable if you live near the main street
Why don't more Jews just move there?

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 8:20 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Jacksonville is a mix of all Jews not just chassidish and everything is walkable if you live near the main street
Why don't more Jews just move there?

I have the same question!
]
I
Feel like it just never took off
It's a certain type here and also it's more of a regular oot community not so Florida type. Like not as many palm trees ,beach not so close, barely restaurants etc

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 8:23 am
They clearly say they do want chassidish ppl with a frum school. Assuming they will have rules and all

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 7:46 pm
Non chassidish people want a frum school also lol!
Wondering why they made it in middle of no where. How will people have jobs if it’s no where near any big cities?

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 7:57 pm
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
Non chassidish people want a frum school also lol!
Wondering why they made it in middle of no where. How will people have jobs if it’s no where near any big cities?

You could join the other new school, though I don't know much about it. It'll probably be smaller than the Chassidish one, at least in the beginning.

momallhours

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 8:00 pm
You have to send in an application with your shul, rav, school etc. They want it to be a specific type as per my understanding

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 8:02 pm
Right seems like they're handpicking the people

amother
Dandelion

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 2:27 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
There are a lot of non chassidish people who want to move there but not to a chassidish enclave. Maybe we can get it to be a mixed crowd!

The first cheder/school will be chassidish, Yiddish speaking. So for phase one and probably phase two also you must meet these criteria.
Once the first school and cheder are well established and there are enough kids for another one, the developers, as they say now, are supportive of that being opened.

Once the community and mosdos are well established I don't think anyone there will be opposed to other groups of people moving there and opening their own mosdos, as long as they are frum and not moving because they want to "escape".

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 4:22 pm
Is anything happening there?
It's been so quiet, no updates in a while.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 3:11 pm
There was a meeting/gathering recently of people who have given deposits.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:47 pm
I heard that they starting clearing the area already

chilled

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 11:35 pm
Wimauma Florida is a bit more settled than this... there are apx 20 families already, and they have their own small cheder and playgroup. With more families moving in for the school year, hopefully...

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 10:32 am
chilled wrote:
Wimauma Florida is a bit more settled than this... there are apx 20 families already, and they have their own small cheder and playgroup. With more families moving in for the school year, hopefully...

I wouldn't say it's more settled.
It's just that one is already existing, and one is still in planning/ building stage. Not exactly comparable yet in regards to being settled. You can only say that once both are established.
I do think there is much more planning going into Lakefront. They will be opening iyh with a full cheder, school, supermarket, health center, mikva, stores, etc etc.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 10:43 am
amother OP wrote:
I am aware about them growing up more open minded, but in regards to less chassidish, that is not a concern for me. As I mentioned before, Real chassidus, and chassidish pride comes more from the home, and they way the parent role model the chassidus to the children plays a greater role in the chinuch regardless the location.

My in-laws live out of town, and raised their large family in a town where they were the only chassidim. All of their children turned out frum and chassidish just like all their cousins that grew up in chassidish communities did. If the parents are passionate about their chassidishkeit, and live it with authenticity and value, it will go right over to the kids. My in-laws claim that the reason they were successful raising all their children in the same path as them is because they live chassidishkeit with healthy pride and genuine values, if you have that then the kids will follow you because all kids want is a healthy value system ,and a culture they belong to with pride. Non Of their children ever thought for a moment to change despite being constantly surrounded by different people. The reason for that is because they had a healthy attachment to their home, and were raised with genuine values for chassidishkeit, therefore they felt no need to ever think of maybe changing....

You are 100 percent correct.
However, to the insular BP chasidish person these words are not typical. Im ultra ultra chasidish and raising my family in a non chasidish neighborhood with no issues. However my kids are way more open minded than their cousins and care less about the fake chasidish stuff and would probably have culture shock from the force of external values in BP if we would move back….they switch from chassidish havarah to litvish one easily and from yiddish to english with grace. But they are exposed and have lots of knowledge and wisdom that the average in town insular child has. so weigh your pros and cons. Its doable and it all depends on your relationship with your children and yiddishkeit.
Health parenting and relationships and the parents non judgmental attitude will make all the difference.
If your kids feel safe with you, trust you and respect you and if your kids feel seen, heard valued and loved by you they will want to be like you. If they dont feel loved or seen they will be like the ones they feel loved and seen by.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:23 am
As an ultra Chassidish women - I second that 1,000%

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 8:31 am
I live in S.Fl., most of my life
I’m not chassidush
So please ignore my question if it’s not relevant
Why did they choose places so far out.
Why not more central South Florida where you are no more than 1.5hrs away from NMB or even Boca
Like close to Hialeah, Doral, or Miami Gardens (the area not the street) where there is still land
to build
Lennar (a building company) is always building new communities with an easy commute to where JoeShmoe works.

Or are there incentives to building in EXTREME rural areas and are those incentives going to trickle down to the home owners

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 8:36 am
I agree. I'd consider a move to these communities if it was closer to other jewish neighborhoods. I have no interest in being part of an "enclave".

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 8:55 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I agree. I'd consider a move to these communities if it was closer to other jewish neighborhoods. I have no interest in being part of an "enclave".

There is so much farm land in those places that it could still be an enclave and be closer
It’s just a matter of driving out there and seeing

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 9:22 am
Florida is great for the winter but you realize that if it’s 86 degrees on a winter day then summer days are really boiling!
There are no ultra chassidish areas in Florida. There are many very right winged/ yeshivish families and BY type school but not like BY BP because they accept other families too.
Are you sure your family will be happy living there in the hot spring/summer and dressing different from most other people (especially the men and boys)?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 9:35 am
amother RosePink wrote:
Florida is great for the winter but you realize that if it’s 86 degrees on a winter day then summer days are really boiling!
There are no ultra chassidish areas in Florida. There are many very right winged/ yeshivish families and BY type school but not like BY BP because they accept other families too.
Are you sure you’re family will be happy living there in the hot spring/summer?

True but just like ppl go to bungalow colonies from BP, you can still go if you live in FL.
FL. in the summer is VERY similar to Brooklyn, except it’s April/May-August/September
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating