Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
No antibodies ?? 4 weeks post covid

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:21 am
I never had antibodies the first time around (from 2020), never noticeably sick, even though husband and one kid had antibodies.
End of Dec 2021 I was exposed at work. Everyone was catching it. So four days later, I wasn't surprised to come down with fever.
Headachy and fever for about a day. By second day, I had only low grade and sore throat BH. Took two rapids and both were negative. Need PCR for work weekly anyway, so took it about 24 hrs into being sick. The next day, when I had only low grade fever and thought I would return to work the following day, got my positive PCR results.
So obviously I stayed home the five required days. With only a sore throat BH .

I heard it takes two or so weeks for antibodies to show up so two weeks later I tested and had none. People told me it is 3-4 weeks. So two more weeks and still now antibodies???
Could it be my positive PCR was false? Usually that is unlikely
Would omicron have different antibodies not showing up as regular covid antibodies?? Curious if anyone else has covid for first time within the last month and if they tested for antibodies?? Hmmmm

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:22 am
My O siblings never had antibodies.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:24 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:

Were they sick ?
I have A Neg blood

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:31 am
There was information that the pcr doesn't discriminate well between covid and flu. Maybe you had the flu.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:46 am
It’s possible your pcr picked up a coronavirus cold, and not sarscov2. But it’s also possible antibodies don’t show up in you. Which does NOT imply you don’t have natural immunity. Antibodies are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to immunity. There are other stronger forms of immunity, such as t-cells, amongst others.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Were they sick ?
I have A Neg blood

Yes they were pretty sick.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:05 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:

My mother is O- and she had very high antibodies... and then got covid again just over a year after the first time. And she had two vaccines.

Nothing makes sense about the virus.

cuties' mom

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:08 am
I had covid last year and never had antibodies. In my case, I know it wasn't a false positive since I lost my sense of smell.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:35 am
So if antibodies aren't showing up, is it possible I have some sort of immunity ? I know it's like the flu and different strains etc... But immunity to similar strains?
Also-- if PCR picked up flu? Don't know.. my rapid flu was also negative

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 5:50 pm
OP here..still no antibodies. Hmmm. Curious if I had it and if immune. Def was exposed. And two of my kids had tested positive on rapids same weeks I was sick and tested positive on PCR but not rapids..

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 6:02 pm
Wow! And I had Covid in March 2020 and still positive antibodies b"h!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 6:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So if antibodies aren't showing up, is it possible I have some sort of immunity ? I know it's like the flu and different strains etc... But immunity to similar strains?
Also-- if PCR picked up flu? Don't know.. my rapid flu was also negative

Definitely could be a different coronavirus but also definitely could be covid without antibodies. The immune system is way more complex than just antibodies, not everyone who is immune to something has antibodies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics