Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Thoughts on naming after Rav Chaim
Previous  1  2

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 9:13 am
I read that soon after he was niftar already someone had named shmaryahu yosef but not chaim because they already had a chaim in the family.

I think there’ll be many who will give the full name and many who won’t be able to. You’re named after who you’re named after. Many people put two names together like R Chaims parents did.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:40 pm
Giving 2 out of his 3 names would still be naming after Rav Chaim zt"l.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:46 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Any idea what he would have said if you can't give one of the names (like it's parent's name)? Is it worth skipping the name all together?

I know someone who asked a shaila and was told to just name Chaim since that's what he was known as (he couldn't use one of the names because a grandparent has the name.)

I believe reading somewhere that someone asked R' Chaim the same thing about naming after his wife since they couldn't use the name Esther, and he said to still name Batsheva since that's the name she was known as. (Not sure where I heard or read this so take with a grain of salt. Though the one told by a Rav to name just Chaim is a relative of mine so that I can vouch for.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names