Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Rav to talk to a woman needing chizuk
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:20 am
A relative of mine is dealing with a very hard nisayon. She is going for therapy but is in desperate need of a rav to talk to get chizuk. Which Rav in the Lakewood area is caring, down to earth and would fit the bill? Wish Rabbi Gissinger were still alive Sad

real israeli

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:01 pm
Rabbi Simcha Bunim Cohen?
He won’t sit alone in a room with a lady though. Either the women’s husband can come or his wife can join

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:06 pm
real israeli wrote:
He won’t sit alone in a room with a lady though. Either the women’s husband can come or his wife can join

Thanks, she not married at the moment...

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:27 pm
Rav Danziger from raintree

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 4:05 pm
Bumping this up. Any other suggestions?

Does anyone has the phone number for Rav Danziger from raintree? When is the best time to reach him?

TIA

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 5:00 pm
908 692 7778

Chaya123

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 8:05 pm
Maybe Rabbi Shmuel Blech.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 12:35 pm
What about the Rav who took over for Rabbi Gissinger? He's supposed to be very good.

Also, Rabbetzin Cohen is an awesome woman. Your friend might even feel more comfortable with her in the room.

Rabbi Blech is a very special person, but he is not young, so she has to be comfortable with that.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 12:39 pm
What about a rebetzin or mechanaches?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 12:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A relative of mine is dealing with a very hard nisayon. She is going for therapy but is in desperate need of a rav to talk to get chizuk. Which Rav in the Lakewood area is caring, down to earth and would fit the bill? Wish Rabbi Gissinger were still alive Sad

Her therapist might also be able to suggest someone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 12:44 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
What about the Rav who took over for Rabbi Gissinger? He's supposed to be very good.

Which Rav took over for Rabbi Gissinger?

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If she can travel, Rabbi Yisroel Reisman from Brooklyn is great, and very accessible.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 1:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which Rav took over for Rabbi Gissinger?

Rabbi merling

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 4:06 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
What about a rebetzin or mechanaches?

She doesn't have one and is fairly new to the area....any recommendations for a warm rebbetzin?

Thank you all for your suggestions

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 4:22 pm
How about Reuven Epstein? I don't think he lives in NJ but he can be very helpful by phone. He's so kind and encouraging.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:22 pm
Reuven Epstein moved to Toms River (or Jackson) this year.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:24 pm
Anyone have Reuven Epstein's phone number? Thanks guys!

happytobemom

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 7:08 pm
real israeli wrote:

amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Rebbetzin Cohen is an awesome woman. Your friend might even feel more comfortable with her in the room.

Rabbi and Rebbetzin Cohen - both great options, either together or the Rebbetzin by herself

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 7:15 pm
It's always better if a woman could meet with a Rebbetzin rather than with a Rav- for many reasons.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 7:22 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
It's always better if a woman could meet with a Rebbetzin rather than with a Rav- for many reasons.

If women are not allowed to be Rabbis and spiritual leaders by our own laws then Rabbaim should be willing and able to impart their wisdom to women as well as men.

Sometimes you don’t want to just shmooze with a lovely girlfriend, but you want actual Torah sources about how to face hardships you’re going through. Someone OOT for me was invaluable for that, and while I’ve spoken to a million women since, none of them had his breadth of knowledge and ultimately, comfort, that this Rav did.

More men need to step up. In a vast community like Lakewood, I find it sad that there’s like one or two people available.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries