Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bunkbeds
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

justanothermother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:26 pm
Sorry I have no advice for your original question. I would not put a child under six in the top bunk of a bunkbed, but I respect your decision to do so based on your knowledge of your children. Other mothers who follow safety guidelines are making informed decisions for their children as well.

Many of the arguements made on both sides are specious, but in the end it boils down to making the best choices based on all the information you have. amother, you have presented GR with some information and guidelines which she may or may not have been aware of. Now she can use that information or not, it is ultimately her choice.

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:29 pm
Thank you for being the voice of reason.
Someone who declares "My way is the only way," may have some surprises coming to them.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 12:42 pm
Gr, take a deep breath,

As long as you want to make fun of the fact that I am safe I have plenty of intelligent arguments about why you should be safe. I guess whoever has the last post will be when the thread is locked. Wink

Mod2

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 6:52 am
To the SAME Amother on here who made uncalled for comments some deleted, please QUIT. This thread is being monitored !!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 4:52 pm
Mod2 wrote:
To the SAME Amother on here who made uncalled for comments some deleted, please QUIT. This thread is being monitored !!

Sorry, I just have to stand up for what is right and SAFE! IF you don't agree you can do dangerous stuff with your kids. Wink

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 4:55 pm
amother wrote:
Mod2 wrote:

Sorry, I just have to stand up for what is right and SAFE! IF you don't agree you can do dangerous stuff with your kids. Wink

This is not a nice post at all.

gryp

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 5:28 pm
Funny, I recently spoke to my teenage nephew about the bunkbed he slept on when he was younger. He told me about all the times he fell off in the middle of his sleep. Tongue Out As Crayon says, it builds character! Wink He is an absolutely terrific kid.

Now who else besides me thinks the warning on bunkbeds should read: "Do not use top bunk for child who rolls around in his sleep" instead of telling us which age is appropriate. Obviously they are not too concerned about the child falling from up there as there are guards, since the warning about the age limit is only to prevent a child's head from getting wedged between the bars.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:07 pm
Throughout the child's life we are constantly assessing risk verses benefit every time the child enters a new phase. Bunkbeds are minor compared to what a family in my neighborhood allows. This family is Jewish but not frum and their kid has had a permit to fly a private plane since he was 14. Michigan law allows both driver and pilot permits at that age.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 6:55 am
Maybe if I had taken more risks -like flying - as a younger person, I wouldn't have all the phobias I have today...

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 8:59 am
heck it's just dangerous being born Twisted Evil

justanothermother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 6:47 pm
I'm a litttle scared to revive this thread, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.

Did you find a smaller bunkbed?

Have your children been OK?

gryp

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 6:13 am
LOL. We ended up buying a big one. Everyone's fine, not to worry. Wink

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 8:06 am
bh

bring us good news

PinkandYellow

Post Sat, May 03 2008, 4:08 pm
bumping this thread up one more time, to ask:

why on earth would someone need to make a top bunk bed if no one sees it anyways?!? Have you figured out how to make the bed on top? LOL

gryp

Post Sat, May 03 2008, 7:03 pm
As of now the top bunk is occupied by extra comforters, neatly folded, and a large shoebox full of gloves, hats, and scarves. Wink

My 2 yr old has just informed us that he wants to sleep in the bunkbed so I hope sometime in the near future to move my older one up a level and move my younger one to the bottom bunk, and finally get rid of the annoying toddler bed sitting in the middle of their room taking up space we don't have.

To answer the question though more specifically, I can't stand disorganization and mess. Very often I have to turn that part of me off just because I'm not a superwoman and I value my sleep more than I value hospital corners. But I do push myself to make all the beds every day even if no one's going to see them because I simply can't stand the feeling of living in a mess.

micki

Post Sat, May 03 2008, 7:50 pm
just saw this and am giving my 2 cents, we bought 2 sets of bunk beds at the same time.
girls were fine and thrilled.
boys? within 24 the older pushed the younger off.
seperate beds they became and only now, when he turned 6 did we stack them.
6 is the youngest I'd let my kdi sleep on the top.

and DEFINITLY get ones that seperate!
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics