Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
A Potato Kugel Lady's thoughts on Mishloach Manos
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 6:50 pm
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
OP - cracking up. Thank you! Really enjoyed reading this thread.

For years, I pictured something fancy in my head for MM but ended up so frustrated because it didn’t come out anything like my imagination. I always quipped that I wished I could send a letcho cuz that’s what I’m a good at. This year, I made small challahs, 2 dips and wrapped it up nicely. It was a hit. The first time in 10 years where I was satisfied with the results and got raving reviews.

I always freeze potato kugel. I pop it in to the oven frozen on 350 for 2 hours to give it a head start then lower to 200 for several hours.

Thanks for the feedback:)

I'm happy for you that your MM was a hit this year. I have heard from people over and over that the ones they like best are those that contain some yummy homemade food.

But maybe it's the crowd I associate with. Because obviously, there is a whole contingent of people who won't eat homemade food, and also feels that no one does. What Different strokes for different folks...

Question about your potato kugel. You freeze it raw or baked?

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 8:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the feedback:)

I'm happy for you that your MM was a hit this year. I have heard from people over and over that the ones they like best are those that contain some yummy homemade food.

But maybe it's the crowd I associate with. Because obviously, there is a whole contingent of people who won't eat homemade food, and also feels that no one does. What Different strokes for different chevra...

Question about your potato kugel. You freeze it raw or baked?

I bake it on 450 for 1.5 hours. I let it cool. Double cover it, first with extra heavy duty silver foil then a foil cover then I put it in a plastic ziplock bag. It goes frozen straight in to the oven on 350 then lower to 200. Sometimes I sprinkle water but I can’t tell the difference really.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics