Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Are there cheaper stores than KRM for "thin" Shmura Matzah,

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 7:39 pm
Are there cheaper stores than KRM for "thin" Shmura Matzah, where everyone can buy?

I see the prices in KRM, which is usually very low markup, are way higher than previous years.

I assume other stores are even higher.

tia

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 7:51 pm
I would assume Bingo has for at least a little less.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 8:21 pm
KRM sells the matzah at the same price as the bakeries, for about 4 years now. No more discounts.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 8:55 pm
Are any of the bingo matzas thin? Anyone know? They have matza for like $18/lb which these days is good. But I have no clue about companies

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 9:04 pm
kenz wrote:
I would assume Bingo has for at least a little less.

Bingo usually has their own brands, and moslty Israeli. Ive found Israeli Matzah to be the thickest hardest to chew. We never used them.

Has anyone ever tasted Shmura Matza from Israel that at all resembles Chredim (a lot of peoples favorite Matzah)? We havent, theyre the opposite, theyre harder to chew than cardboard.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 9:09 pm
Moishas has this week for 11.99 pound. But I can't vouch for how thin it is.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 9:10 pm
following....would love to buy thin crispy matzah like shatzer or pupa tzehlim from bingo for a better price

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 9:14 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
Moishas has this week for 11.99 pound. But I can't vouch for how thin it is.

Weve thrown thick Matzah in the garbage bec no one ate it, so its no bargain if no one wants to eat it on Pesach. Maybe after Pesach, wed break it up and mix with eggs, for Matza Piree ...

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 9:34 pm
I always buy the cheapest ones Moishas or KRM have and it's not so bad it's not thin but not thick either.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 9:35 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I always buy the cheapest ones Moishas or KRM have and it's not so bad it's not thin but not thick either.

Agree. They are definitely ok for the price. Plus I've tasted way more expensive ones that were worse than the cheaper ones. Putting them in the oven for a few minutes before eating them really helps too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 9:59 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
Agree. They are definitely ok for the price. Plus I've tasted way more expensive ones that were worse than the cheaper ones. Putting them in the oven for a few minutes before eating them really helps too.

I heard that Lakewood "thin" is 54.99 in KRM for 1 pound. That seems about the same as the Charedim price.

All of a sudden Charedim price (10 Shlaimim for $53) doesnt seem insane.

Fast Forward

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 10:21 pm
Chareidim is 63.00 this year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 10:26 pm
Fast Forward wrote:
Chareidim is 63.00 this year.

Thats shvarim (broken pieces)! I called.

It seems the 10 Matzos (Shlaimim) for $53 weigh much less than a pound. But you get more Matzahs than with other Matzahs because Charedim are extremely thin.

Fast Forward

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 10:28 pm
My husband was there last week and they are charging the same $63 for whole and shvarim.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 10:28 pm
Fast Forward wrote:
My husband was there last week and they are charging the same $63 for whole and shvarim.

Not anymore. I wonder how much the 10 Shlaimim that theyre selling for $53, weighs? Profits wise it must be way less than a pound. Just goes to show how thin Charedim Matzahs are.

bobeli

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 11:12 pm
Komemius from israel is usually very good.
Last year lakewood was good
Kerestir was thicker but tasty
You need a different brand besides chatedim to guarantee lechem mishne, they are the best ones but not so many make it whole to the meal

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 11:19 pm
Some people buy one box of a brand they never tried to see if its thin.

I heard people saying that in KRM today.

Has anyone found any Matzahs this week, that are very thin, that arent as expensive as the ones mentioned here?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 3:33 pm
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
following....would love to buy thin crispy matzah like shatzer or pupa tzehlim from bingo for a better price

Last year Shatzer Shmurah was as heavy as cardboard. Other years it was thinner.

Has anyone seen the Shatzer Shmurah year?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 11:48 pm
PSA- Update:

I bought Lakewood extra thin, Lakewood regular, and the one KRM has on sale, Mesubin, all in KRM today.

Lakewood Extra thin was very good at $55 a pound,

Lakewood Regular (Israel is what register tape says) is $65 for 2 pounds, it was really bad, its tough and unedible, imho. Sad waste of money.

Mesubin (KRM special) was $12.99 a pound Its s a little better tasting than Lakewood regular.

Has anyone found THIN, really good Matzahs anywhere that you can buy without being part of a Chaburah, and without having pre-ordered?

tia
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries