Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Are teachers looking for continuing education courses?

Would you want to take Torah courses in the Summer?
Yes  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes - in July  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe  
 50%  [ 3 ]
Not interested  
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

yelli

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 6:37 pm
Hi! I'm part of an organization that provides advanced Torah classes for women. From what I've seen, there are many wonderful programs that offer pedagogical training for teachers, but there are not many programs that offer skill-building and content based Torah courses. Would teachers be interested in classes that develop skills, such as - How to properly analyze a Rashi, uncover its depth, and find its relevant and enduring lessons? Or would teachers be interested in classes that explain more foundational topics in yiddishkeit, such as - how to understand the mesorah and the development of halacha? Where do Midrashim come from, and how do we understand them?

These courses are all taught by knowledgeable, experienced teachers, including Roshei Yeshiva in America and Eretz Yisrael. These classes will enable teachers to show their students the richness and excitement of learning Torah and the relevancy of every aspect of Torah to our lives.

We would also like to offer courses for general studies teachers, such as helping math teachers to develop a curriculum for teaching math through a Torah perspective - showing how everything we learn enables us to learn Torah and live according to the Torah.

Would these kinds of classes be interesting to teachers?

Feel free to pm me or email Office@Livnos.com if you'd like to discuss this further.

Thanks.

Last edited by yelli on Mon, Mar 28 2022, 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 6:57 pm
In theory I would love it. Practically, as a teacher who brings home tons of work and has a young family, it wouldn't happen

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 7:06 pm
YES. YES YES YES YES YES please Applause Applause Applause

I think even people who aren't kodesh teachers or teachers at all will enjoy the kind of kodesh classes you are describing. I am a general studies teacher and would definitely enjoy them very much, for the sake of broadening my understanding of how torah and mesorah work.

In terms of the general studies courses, that sounds fascinating as well and would definitely be filling a gap - afaik there isn't that kind of class out there right now.

If you offered the classes in the summer though, I do think people would definitely have more time to carve out for them.

Please keep us posted! Smile

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 7:22 pm
You'd probably do best to approach curriculum directors rather than teachers

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 7:23 pm
would totally take it if it was subsidized by the school!

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 7:38 pm
Enjoying it is not the same as it being practical. It would need to be convenient hours , subsidized or free by my school, and accredited for the cue credits in my state for me to consider it.

yelli

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 9:52 pm
Thank you for the feedback! It's really helpful.

In general, what times of the week are the most convenient - during the school year and summer?

I will definitely keep you posted Smile

yelli

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 5:58 pm
Just added the poll to get an idea of how many women would be interested in taking courses in the summer.
The courses would be fully subsidized.

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 6:17 pm
yelli wrote:
Thank you for the feedback! It's really helpful.

In general, what times of the week are the most convenient - during the school year and summer?

I will definitely keep you posted Smile

You want to make it synchronous? Timing is rough. I don't really have a time that's always good- depends when the kids go to bed... And I'm sure other women feel the same.

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:10 am
I love the theory of it, just practically with a really busy life, I don't know how I would fit it in.
I like courses that aren't live and I can watch it in the evening, pause to deal with my kids, and not have to worry that I missed 4 minutes when my kid was yelling etc and watch it in my own time, possibly over several sittings.
Are you talking 1 off sessions or a series? How long would each session be? Would it be accredited and what sort of price range are we talking?
And would there be resources available to use after? Is there a curriculum that goes with it?
Also would the presenter be available for follow up support?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics