Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Cheap kids tablet

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 10:53 pm
Going to travel 15 hours for Pesach. Looking for cheap tablets to keep the kiddios entertained for part of it.

Thanks in advance

bargainlover

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 11:16 pm
Amazon fire tablet and download toveedo - Jewish videos

devorah1231

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 11:43 pm
With the Amazon tablet you can set up a child's account and install any games. You can also set up how long they can use it for and what they have access to such as no browser no internet which games which books etc.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 11:54 pm
devorah1231 wrote:
With the Amazon tablet you can set up a child's account and install any games. You can also set up how long they can use it for and what they have access to such as no browser no internet which games which books etc.

I bought an Amazon tablet last year and never gave it to my kids as I wanted to load lots of games but couldn't figure out how....

devorah1231

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 12:19 am
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
I bought an Amazon tablet last year and never gave it to my kids as I wanted to load lots of games but couldn't figure out how....

Go to settings > profiles and family library > add a child profile. They try to get you to pay for amazon kids, you don't have to, make sure not to by accident unless you actually have an interest.

Go to app store in your account and download whatever games you like. Also go to the kindle store and buy books, or if you have a library account like Brooklyn, get from there. If you do have a bpl account I can tell you how to get books.

Then go to settings > profiles and family library > child profile you made before > add content > share content. Then select whichever you want and hit done.

Use Amazon kids with your own content when they try again to get you to pay.

You will most likely want to disable in app purchases, among other options. Keep and eye on it the first few times. You may need to keep wifi on sometimes when they play to allow updates to install.

To switch to a child, swipe down from the top and clip the profile icon, then tap the kid you want to switch to. I suggest you lock your own profile so they can't switch back!

devorah1231

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 12:27 am

What my kids have now.

You can set time limits and adjust from in their profile settings.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 9:43 am
Not OP, but we have a Kindle and a BPL account. Is there an easy way to get books loaded onto it for free?

devorah1231

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 10:11 am
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
Not OP, but we have a Kindle and a BPL account. Is there an easy way to get books loaded onto it for free?

Absolutely! Go to https://brooklyn.overdrive.com/
Login using your library card.
Do a search and make sure you check off kindle format in the filter.
After you find a book you want, hit borrow. Then go to loans and hit read now with kindle. Should take you to an amazon page. Select which device you want it to go to and then hit the yellow button. Connect the device to the internet and download the book by tapping on it or it may go automatically. I think once downloaded you can disconnect from the internet.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 8:48 pm
Thank you so much
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics