Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Sometimes intolerant?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 10:46 am
So super weird. There's a whole list of foods that I can often eat without any problems. Other times when I eat the exact same things, I end up having varied reactions. I haven't been able to come up with any rhyme or reason as to when the reactions happen. Has anyone had something similar?
Like yesterday, I ate a vegetable that I eat multiple times a week, often daily, prepared the same way. I was fine the past few weeks. Yesterday within a few minutes of eating it, I was doubled over in pain and had extreme abdominal swelling, actually had to take off my skirt cause it suddenly didn't fit. By morning I felt physically better but (TMI warning) dealing with diarrhea since last night. Reactions are not always the same though. Sometimes it's just nausea, sometimes just cramps....

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 10:48 am
Following for insight to a very similar situation...

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 10:53 am
If it's a fruit or vegetable, a lot of the sensitivity can come from the peel. Depends where it's grown, amount of pollen...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 10:55 am
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
If it's a fruit or vegetable, a lot of the sensitivity can come from the peel. Depends where it's grown, amount of pollen...

Usually Fruit or vegetable but not always. And I don't have issues with other food that would normally cause bloating and gas, like beans or whatever. I eat them often with no problems.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 11:21 am
Sounds like leaky gut or similar

lora

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 11:29 am
I have Birch pollen allergy (apples, plums, beaches, carrots +) get itchiness around and in mouth. I eat these fruits regardless because the reaction is mild and goes away with a few cups of water. sometimes I just dont get a reaction at all and rarely I get it very bad. I guess it depends on the Pollen levels

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 8:22 pm
Foods can mimic each other. Read "Don't kill the birthday girl"

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 8:33 pm
Have you ruled out sibo? Sometimes depends on the weather, season, pollen count of the day that triggers allergies.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 8:36 pm
I had this. I would get bloated from eating an apple. Turns out I have ibs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 8:54 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Have you ruled out sibo? Sometimes depends on the weather, season, pollen count of the day that triggers allergies.

How would I rule that out?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 8:55 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
I had this. I would get bloated from eating an apple. Turns out I have ibs.

What do you do for the IBS? Low fodmap diet? I tried that once to see if it would help and it was really hard for me because I can't tolerate the texture of lots of low fodmap foods and I was always looking for something to eat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics