Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pediatric dentist Brooklyn fidelis medicaid
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 3:54 pm
Anyone? Used to go to Waltner.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone? Used to go to Waltner.

We used to use waltner to and I can't find another dentist to switch to . It's so wrong that dentists barely take insurance anymore . Dental care is just as important as medical care and you can always find a dr that takes fidelis or some sort of medicaid/Medicare. Dentists don't do that . They don't care about their patients. They care about making money and that's it . Very upsetting .

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 4:13 pm
amother [ Lily ] wrote:
We used to use waltner to and I can't find another dentist to switch to . It's so wrong that dentists barely take insurance anymore . Dental care is just as important as medical care and you can always find a dr that takes fidelis or some sort of medicaid/Medicare. Dentists don't do that . They don't care about their patients. They care about making money and that's it . Very upsetting .

I've got news for you - in the *real* world most dentists don't take ANY insurance. At best you will get the insurance to reimburse you a percentage of "customary and reasonable" charges for your dental work - that is generally 50% for any kind of major dental work like a crown.

I don't begrudge people who are getting Medicaid but please don't whine about how your free coverage isn't good enough.

And why should a dentist lose money when they have spent lots of money for a professional education plus the years spent in school and in the clinical residency programs.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 4:22 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I've got news for you - in the *real* world most dentists don't take ANY insurance. At best you will get the insurance to reimburse you a percentage of "customary and reasonable" charges for your dental work - that is generally 50% for any kind of major dental work like a crown.

I don't begrudge people who are getting Medicaid but please don't whine about how your free coverage isn't good enough.

And why should a dentist lose money when they have spent lots of money for a professional education plus the years spent in school and in the clinical residency programs.

Most good insurances cover dental for pediatrics.
I'm actually really upset, too, that my kids' dentist is stopping to take their (very expensive) insurance. They said the insurance pays then only $78 for a cleaning. Add my $15 copay, that's just over $90. They are dropping that insurance, but still accepting united healthcare, which pays about $110. But they want to charge $200 per visit for my kids after they stop taking their insurance, which is $90 more than they get through an insurance that they're ok taking, which is frustrating and totally taking advantage of "private paying" clients.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 4:23 pm
I used Adler 58/16. Pretty good experience. Not specifically pediatrics so no video or that tool to keep mouth open. Child had cavity and was desperate.

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 4:27 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Most good insurances cover dental for pediatrics.
I'm actually really upset, too, that my kids' dentist is stopping to take their (very expensive) insurance. They said the insurance pays then only $78 for a cleaning. Add my $15 copay, that's just over $90. They are dropping that insurance, but still accepting united healthcare, which pays about $110. But they want to charge $200 per visit for my kids after they stop taking their insurance, which is $90 more than they get through an insurance that they're ok taking, which is frustrating and totally taking advantage of "private paying" clients.

I never had a dentist that was "in network" for any insurance I have had so I always had to accept a percentage as compensation. It was also capped at a relatively low amount (about $1000) so any expensive dental work wouldn't be covered above that amount.

Standard cleanings, exams and simple fillings were generally not the issue.

For whatever reason - at least where I am located - almost no good dentists are in the network. The only ones that are in the network are dental mills and I wouldn't trust my family's teeth to those kinds of dental practices.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 7:39 pm
Tachlis I can't afford to pay out of pocket if it's $200 x 3 kids x 2 visits each a year minimum (who are we kidding more like 3-4)
There's a reason people on medicaid are on medicaid...
So no rec??

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 7:53 pm
Do they have to be in network? I couldn't find a pediatric in network and turns out there's not a big difference between in and out of network. My pediatric dentist is probably not making that much. He charged me a lot but we took about an hour per Appointment and he has to pay rent, multiple office people, the hygienist who held my daughter head, the one who handed him stuff, the one who held her legs 🤦🏻‍♀️

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 8:27 pm
Dr Eli Lutz and Dr. Zev Zelman- Bp Dentistry for Kids
Kind and kid friendly

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 8:31 pm
amother [ Ballota ] wrote:
Kind and kid friendly

They are amazing, but no longer accept Fidelis. Scheduled appointments before June they will accept it for, but that's it.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 1:41 pm
amother [ Ballota ] wrote:
Kind and kid friendly

Minor issue - they are also not taking new patients... Only cash.

You can try to call in May, but with Fidelis it may not work.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:01 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I used Adler 58/16. Pretty good experience. Not specifically pediatrics so no video or that tool to keep mouth open. Child had cavity and was desperate.

Do you mean Adler on 14 and 58?
Would never use them, especially for a kid. Not child friendly at all.

Adela

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 12:40 pm
Still looking. Ezra Medical and Dr. Lutz & Zelman don't accept new patients Sad
Anyone else?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 12:50 pm
Adela wrote:
Still looking. Ezra Medical and Dr. Lutz & Zelman don't accept new patients Sad
Anyone else?

Searched High and Low before my last visit and only found Adler.

Searched again now and only Adler. There was another thread about dentists last month.

They were very good both times. A child's filling is easier than an adult. It is clean a bit and fill/polish. 10 min of work.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 12:52 pm
This is the other thread.

I am aquawhite.

I looked into the other recommendations but both were 30-45 min bus ride. I can't swing that after school.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....85910

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 2:00 pm
Ask Ezra medical to put you on waiting list. Call at inconvenient times like Chanukah etc and ask if there are cancellations. Go once at such a time and after that you’re a patient.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 2:11 pm
Does it have to specifically be a pediatric dentist?

Dr Eric Leibowitz is a family dentists and takes fidelis medicaid. We are very happy with him. His rates are also very reasonable if you do not have dental coverage (I do not but my kids do)

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 2:50 pm
My kids dental insurance pays very very low so we decided to start taking them to a family doctor for cleanings and only go to pediatric for fillings.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 9:33 pm
Would you travel? Pediatric dentistry of flushing is pretty good

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 2:22 pm
Any other suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries