Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Clothing for seminary
Previous  1  2

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 12:01 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Girls want a lot, so that they don’t have to do laundry that often.

I have a daughter in seminary now. Laundry is definitely an issue, especially with underwear and socks, so I wouldn't skimp on those. There really is no need to send 10 sweaters + 5 t-shirts to be wearing over their collars/shirts. 8-10 total is plenty, of various weights depending on the season.

Regarding clothing other than uniforms and Shabbos, they do need something to wear on chol hamoed Sukkos and Pesach (if she is not coming home) and the few days they here and there do not have class, but really not that much. A couple of what my girls call "Sunday" outfits and just a few mix-and-match skirts and tops. She really can take what she is wearing this spring/summer and does not have to buy everything new.

We live OOT, but my daughter is very socially aware and clothing conscious. She drove me crazy with the shopping last year, but now admits she really didn't NEED everything she thought she did. Except for socks and tights - she never has enough of those!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children