Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Bleach dispenser looks full

esther11

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:02 pm
I have a front loading LG washing machine. I never use bleach because I am scared of bleach stains. My husband shirts were looking a little washed out so I ran a bleach load in this machine for the first time ever (it’s about a year old). Shirts came out nice and bright!

Before using the washer again, I wanted to check to make sure there was no bleach left in the machine, so when I checked the area I saw it was still full of liquid. I did a quick wash with no detergent, checked again, and again still filled with liquid… Is that bleach? Is that water? Is it safe to wash my clothing?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:03 pm
Flush it with water then run an empty cycle before trying again.

Plonis

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:04 pm
My top loading LG does this too. It’s water.

esther11

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Flush it with water then run an empty cycle before trying again.

Not to sound ignorant but how do I flush it with water if it is full of liquid?

esther11

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:05 pm
Plonis wrote:
My top loading LG does this too. It’s water.

Oh interesting…maybe it’s a thing within LG?
I literally never use the dispenser area. I always just toss in laundry pods!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:06 pm
esther11 wrote:
Not to sound ignorant but how do I flush it with water if it is full of liquid?

If you pour water through slowly, it will run down into the washing machine drum - the same way it moves down to the clothes when the washing machine is on.

momma9

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:10 pm
my machine does this too. I just take the tray out and empty it when it’s fulll. I believe it is just water. but every time I do a bleach load I always run a load afterwards tht I don’t care abt like bath towels or a load of tzitzis which r white anyway just in case there is any bleach residue. my mother taught me to do that.

esther11

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you pour water through slowly, it will run down into the washing machine drum - the same way it moves down to the clothes when the washing machine is on.

I poured water through and it drained out the pre wash and detergent section but not the bleach section. I ended up sticking my hand in and smelling it, I smelled a slight detergent smell but not bleach I think!!

esther11

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 5:15 pm
momma9 wrote:
my machine does this too. I just take the tray out and empty it when it’s fulll. I believe it is just water. but every time I do a bleach load I always run a load afterwards tht I don’t care abt like bath towels or a load of tzitzis which r white anyway just in case there is any bleach residue. my mother taught me to do that.

I couldn’t get the tray out…
I ran a shmattah load and no change in the liquid situation. I’m just going to daven my kids clothes survives the machine next!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry