Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Post your actual spending

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 7:48 pm
I thought it would be interesting to see running totals for Pesach expenses.

If you want to participate, post what you've spent so far, and go back and edit your post when you buy something else. Bonus: Share general location, family size, or other relevant information.

If you think this is a bad idea, also post once and later edit to add more justifications when you think of them Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 7:52 pm
OP's Pesach Expenses:
(family of 10+, big eaters, lots of chumras)

$429.47 - Grocery (21 lb shmurah matzah - some will be given to non-frum neighbors, foil pans, plates, plastic cutlery, plastic tablecloths, some cups + food for the shopper)
$364.86 - Grocery (grape juice, cases of produce, some paper goods)
$257.02 - Grocery (meat, chicken, some fish, produce, paper goods)
$393.45 - Grocery (oil, chicken, paper goods, some food for a neighbor that will be reimbursed)
$246.54 - Grocery (produce, paper goods, cheese)
$28.78 - Walmart (press n seal, bandaids, toothbrushes, containers)
$105.17 - Amazon (vinyl tiles, toothbrushes, mop, broom, bags, tape, hand towels)
$49.20 - Judaica store (candle holders, bedikas chometz set)
$87.08 - Judaica store (matzah bags, candles, books for someone else)
$137.37 - Restaurant supply store (deli containers, other containers, foil, organizer, small utensils)

Estimated Pending:
$175 - Grocery (mostly produce)
$200 - Walmart (eggs, produce)
$200 - Fish Store (frozen gefilte fish loaves)
$150 - Wine Store (3 cases wine)

Running total: $2,052.19

Anticipated total: $2,800

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 8:04 pm
amother royalblue
Family of 5. Big eaters.

So far we did

$230 meat order (didn't finish buying all of it and some will be left over afterwards, I just need options in the freezer in case of guests etc)

$35 coffee, almond flour, heavy foil on sale

$40 corrugated plastic (we keep it for 4 years)

$80 Braun immersion blender with chopper and whisk attachments (not an annual cost but there's always something we need each year)

9x13 pans and cookie sheets (I didn't calculate how much they cost me but I'll keep track of receipts on this thread going forward.

I'll keep you posted. I shop slowly and accumulate so it's not overwhelming Smile

Running Total: $385

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 8:09 pm
Family of 9
800 on 16 pounds chabura matza
430 on chicken and meat. Nervous of chicken shortage so I bought a lot
25 dollars on tape to close cabinets and tape counter tops

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 9:11 am
I know it’s gonna be more than others, but doing this so that people realize there are different spending styles

Family of 9

Butcher $673
Bingo $325
Cleaning help more than usual $240
Robes $440
Matzah around $1600

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 8:15 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
amother royalblue
Family of 5. Big eaters.

So far we did

$230 meat order (didn't finish buying all of it and some will be left over afterwards, I just need options in the freezer in case of guests etc)

$35 coffee, almond flour, heavy foil on sale

$40 corrugated plastic (we keep it for 4 years)

$80 Braun immersion blender with chopper and whisk attachments (not an annual cost but there's always something we need each year)

9x13 pans and cookie sheets (I didn't calculate how much they cost me but I'll keep track of receipts on this thread going forward.

I'll keep you posted. I shop slowly and accumulate so it's not overwhelming Smile

Running Total: $385

amother royalblue
Family of 5. Big eaters.

Sunday we bought 8 lbs Matzah for $280.

Running Total: $665

Yesterday we did $502 at the supermarket for pesach items. Plus $65 folding shelves and $14 simple wooden meat board.

Running Total: $1,246

Today we did another supermarket run (it's too overwhelming for me to do it all at once. I do as much as I can unpack at a time - things that I can store go first, frozen items when my freezer is ready, fridge once I've set my kitchen up for pesach). Pesach portion of our bill today was $252 (did not include what we need for shabbos).

Running Total: $1,498

I think I left out another $200 of pesach supermarket items that we bought last week, but I need to find the receipt, so I'm not adding that until I figure out the real amount.

I expect 2 more supermarket runs next week for all the produce, fish, some snacks and garnishes.

I will deduct the amount we usually spend for 2 weeks of supermarket runs, once I get the full total on chol hamoed. That way I'll know how much extra pesach really cost us.

I am not writing in clothes, robes or cleaning help, since we would pay for these whether pesach was coming or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics