Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Diet for nursing moms

Lilac1859

Post Fri, Apr 08 2022, 11:14 am
I have never dieted in my life so need some advice.
My baby is close to 4 months and I'm still up 20 pounds since my prepregnancy weight (I gained about 50 pounds total)
I'm looking for a diet/lifestyle that is easy to follow, no calorie counting or crazy limited foods because I need to produce enough milk for my baby. I'm ok with it taking a couple months to lose the weight.
Any ideas?

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Apr 08 2022, 12:24 pm
Try incorporating protein in every meal. U can start the day with a smoothie made of greek yogurt, berries and whatever else you like. It can keep you full for a while.
Try limiting processed sugars. (I know, easier said than done).
Water, water, water! Everything in moderation.
If you exercise a few times a week as well it can really help. Don't be hard on yourself, just be mindful of what you eat and how much of it.
Good luck!

gootlfriends

Post Fri, Apr 08 2022, 12:53 pm
Around 3-6 months babies needs increase. You might start to see some weight loss now. I personally have always have found this is when you start to get hungry because you are bringing calories. I would hold off reducing overall calories and increase protein. If you don't eat enough you won't lose weight, your body will conserve the fat.

Lilac1859

Post Fri, Apr 08 2022, 12:58 pm
gootlfriends wrote:
Around 3-6 months babies needs increase. You might start to see some weight loss now. I personally have always have found this is when you start to get hungry because you are bringing calories. I would hold off reducing overall calories and increase protein. If you don't eat enough you won't lose weight, your body will conserve the fat.

Thanks, does that mean as my baby needs to nurse more, I might lose more weight? I will probably start her on some food in the next month or two.
Protein is a hard one for me because I don't like chicken and salmon is a fortune! I eat eggs, chick peas and beans.

gootlfriends

Post Fri, Apr 08 2022, 1:15 pm
ek22 wrote:
Thanks, does that mean as my baby needs to nurse more, I might lose more weight? I will probably start her on some food in the next month or two.
Protein is a hard one for me because I don't like chicken and salmon is a fortune! I eat eggs, chick peas and beans.

It means your baby will need more fat and protein as he or she becomes more active. By 6 months most babies are double their birth weight and learning how to crawl and play with toys. They hold their head independently and sleep more at night. I noticed fat increase when pumping. As far as starting food: food until 9/10 months is purely for practice. 75% should still be breast milk/formula. They also don't absorb most of the nutrients from food since their systems are not as developed. We offer tablespoon amounts of food until 9 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise