Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Applying to seminary

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 09 2022, 11:35 pm
I have no idea how seminaries in Israel work and I was just wondering, if someone was to apply now to a seminary (yeshivish type) is there any hope of getting in? TIA

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Apr 09 2022, 11:37 pm
No probably not. So many girls were turned away I'm sure if there are spots they are going to those on the waiting lists who applied at the proper time. I doubt they would accept applications now.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 09 2022, 11:55 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
No probably not. So many girls were turned away I'm sure if there are spots they are going to those on the waiting lists who applied at the proper time. I doubt they would accept applications now.

Thank you. I wasn't sure and I don't want to say something to the girl if it's completely off the table.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 12:10 am
Um no totally and completely try anyway I applied in august and got in a week before sem. Just don’t apply to sems that are super established cuz they don’t care.. try
Bnos Batsheva
Ateres
Bnos avigail

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 12:16 am
I think it depends on the circumstances and the reason she is applying so late. Is there a family situation that necessitates her being away from home? Did she plan on going to seminary in the U.S. and there is a really good reason she now needs to go to Israel instead? Although many seminaries are full, she may be able to find a place anyway but it has to make sense for the seminary to take her this late.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 5:43 am
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
Um no totally and completely try anyway I applied in august and got in a week before sem. Just don’t apply to sems that are super established cuz they don’t care.. try
Bnos Batsheva
Ateres
Bnos avigail

Bnos Batsheva is closing down
Ateres and Bnos Avigail aren't yeshivish

Find out about new places like Bnos Shoshana

abound

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 7:54 am
New sem Havineni. They will prob still accept.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 9:20 am
Applying to an established place is a waste of time, but the new seminaries might still have room, havineni, bnos shoshana, shiras miriam and there is probably a few more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics