Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where to buy tomato juice and tomato paste
Previous  1  2

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Apr 11 2022, 10:55 pm
I noticed Leibers tomato juice in the makolet on Arzei HaBira this morning.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 12:03 am
juggling wrote:
Tomato paste got a lot of attention on this thread. Tomato juice is also easy to find, by the juices. I buy the liter carton by Spring, sold near the other Spring fruit beverages. There are probably other brands, but that one is readily available.

Tomato juice not always easy to find. It's not a typical israeli thing to buy.
Guess it's easier to find in jerusalem. In bnei brak not every supermarket carries it.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 12:55 am
juggling wrote:
Tomato paste got a lot of attention on this thread. Tomato juice is also easy to find, by the juices. I buy the liter carton by Spring, sold near the other Spring fruit beverages. There are probably other brands, but that one is readily available.

Tomato juice for drinking is not very popular, but the Spring brand is usually available near the other cartons of juice.
I generally use tomato cubes or crushed tomatoes in cooking.
Pre-made tomato sauces are also very readily available here, but I'm not sure that many people actually use them.

Reality

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 1:10 am
I am not going to Yerushalayim to buy tomato sauce! I'm also not battling the crowds of Osher Ad to buy gefen tomato sauce.

I'm going to buy the Israeli tomato paste and spice it up. Hey, I may stop buying american tomato sauce after this. It sure is a lot less expensive!

Last edited by Reality on Tue, Apr 12 2022, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Elfrida

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 1:11 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Pre-made tomato sauces are also very readily available here, but I'm not sure that many people actually use them.

Enough people use them to justify the supermarkets stocking them.

Sesame

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 2:22 am
juggling wrote:

Yes you can also buy chopped tomatoes and peeled tomatoes, options are great!

Sesame

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 2:25 am
Reality wrote:
I am not going to Yerushalayim to buy tomato sauce! I'm also not battling the crowds of Osher Ad to buy gefen tomato sauce.

I'm going to buy the Israeli tomato paste and spice it up. Hey, I may stop buying american tomato sauce after this. It sure is a lot less expensive!

No idea where you’re located, but tomato sauce isn’t exclusive to Jerusalem…

Reality

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 3:03 am
Sesame wrote:
No idea where you’re located, but tomato sauce isn’t exclusive to Jerusalem…

I've only seen american tomato sauce or Israeli tomato paste. I have not seen Israeli tomato sauce. When I go shopping next I will look more carefully.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 4:24 am
Reality wrote:
I've only seen american tomato sauce or Israeli tomato paste. I have not seen Israeli tomato sauce. When I go shopping next I will look more carefully.

There are actually seasoned tomato sauces in the can sections (I’ve bought them by accident more than once), and there are also jars. Look for them in the tomato product section. No reason to go into Jerusalem specially just for that. Maybe not in your corner makolet, but in any moderate size grocery store.

Reality

Post Tue, Apr 12 2022, 5:27 am
chanchy123 wrote:
There are actually seasoned tomato sauces in the can sections (I’ve bought them by accident more than once), and there are also jars. Look for them in the tomato product section. No reason to go into Jerusalem specially just for that. Maybe not in your corner makolet, but in any moderate size grocery store.

Thank you! I'm going to do some studying during my next shopping trip! Just like when I first moved!!

Reality

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 6:27 am
Update: I mixed my Israeli tomato paste with water, salt and spices and..... It tastes really good! I'm so glad I experimented.

It's weird that most foods I've been happy to buy Israeli right from the start. Just a few items we were really insistent we need our "brand". Well I'm scratching tomato sauce off of that list!! Woo-hoo!!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 7:53 am
Reality wrote:
Update: I mixed my Israeli tomato paste with water, salt and spices and..... It tastes really good! I'm so glad I experimented.

It's weird that most foods I've been happy to buy Israeli right from the start. Just a few items we were really insistent we need our "brand". Well I'm scratching tomato sauce off of that list!! Woo-hoo!!

Pleased to hear Smile
Food have definitely undergone a huge change to the better. When I came in 1993 there was no Kikkoman soy sauce or any ready sauces from Knorr. No French mustard. No Heinz ketchup. No pre sifted flour at all. No Mazola margarine. No Nutella.
There was a yearly USA month at Supersal I remember. That was it. I think things got better when israelis started to go abroad more as well as earning more.

mochamix18

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 10:54 am
I was going to add about Spring Tomato juice next to the other spring brand nectars. Great minds think alike Juggling.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions