Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel to Canada without PCR (not vaccinated)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 8:23 am
Anyone know if we can get through without a PCR test? Without insurance it’s so expensive 🤕

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 8:30 am
Deleted as unproductive.

Last edited by Frumwithallergies on Mon, Apr 18 2022, 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 8:37 am
Are you looking for the rules or anectodal experiences?
Officially here is the link for the rules
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

It states Canadians who are unvaccinated must test to enter and everyone regardless of citizenship or vaccine status must fill out the ArriveCAN app

I’m sure people have anecdotal stories of being allowed in without tests, or without vax status being checked.

I have a lot of feelings about how unfair this system is but it’s not relevant to the post so I’ll zip it!

Esty 4

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 11:59 am
no you can't

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 2:00 pm
If you’re American you should be able to get a free covid test without insurance still.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 2:06 pm
depending on where you're headed. I know the ny border heading to toronto allowed rapid test, which is $35 in Chai care as of last week. Montreal didn't.
unless you're canadian, they won't let you in without it. I don't think they'll let you in unvaccinated either way.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 3:19 pm
The link posted above is very helpful and explanatory.
Who can enter Canada? Any Canadian, anyone vaccinated, or (unvaxxed)children under 12 with vaccinated parents.
To enter, vaccinated people (any nationality) need no test.
Those eligible to come in unvaxxed (mainly Canadians) can take EITHER (this is newish) a PCR within 72 hours, OR a rapid/antigen a day before at most.
Americans with insurance can still get a free test I believe.
Everyone, vaxxed or not, needs to fill out and submit an ArriveCan report (this is mandatory for flying, they are somewhat less makpid for land border, although may take some time to give all the answers)
Unvaxxed you need to be prepared to say you are coming for at least 14 days and will quarantine during that time. They are still checking on people. They really are. (unvaxxed kids with vaxxed parents dont need to quarantine)
Of course they may not ask you about test, vax status, etc - I know this can happen, only by land, flying they are very makpid - but you're taking a chance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics