Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bleeding from the ears a month after tubes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 11:38 pm
My baby is 7 months old and got tubes in his ears a month ago. He’s had discharge from his ears at times since then which I know is a sign of infection, so I put in drops like I was told to do. I brought him for a follow up to the surgeon and everything looked good.
Last week, I brought him to the pediatrician because he was really miserable. His throat and ears were infected. They said it was likely he had strep but they don’t treat it so young anyway. His ears were FULL of fluid and slightly infected. Based on that, I thought we would have a ton of drainage but there was hardly anything. We’ve been doing the antibiotic ear drops throughout. Now he is burning up with fever, won’t eat and has discharge from both ears. One ear is the regular fluid that I usually see discharging when he has an infection. The other ear is discharging blood. I don’t know if that’s normal and I’m really nervous. I will call the doctor first thing in the AM but just wondering if anyone ever had this and if it’s normal?
TIA

torquoise

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 12:58 am
Yes, my daughter had pink/reddish drainage for a few months after her ear tubes were placed. (Gagging at the memory, so gross!!!)
I'm so sorry he's going through such a hard time, refua sheleimah!

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 2:36 am
my baby also got tubes a few weeks ago and was having constant discharge. His ears were bleeding cuz he kept on rubbing his ears from the discomfort of the discharge.
I'm not sure why you're baby is being or if it's normal however on a side note I took my baby off dairy and the congestion, drainage etc cleared up within a few days.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 3:29 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
my baby also got tubes a few weeks ago and was having constant discharge. His ears were bleeding cuz he kept on rubbing his ears from the discomfort of the discharge.
I'm not sure why you're baby is being or if it's normal however on a side note I took my baby off dairy and the congestion, drainage etc cleared up within a few days.

Thanks! He’s highly allergic to dairy and soy, he hasn’t been on dairy since about 2 months old but I appreciate it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics