Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What type of chasidus wears white socks and tzitzis out

flowergirl8

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:09 pm
I was out today in NY and saw so many men wearing white socks and tzitzis over their shirts.
I'm so interested, what type of chasidus is this? Their wives were wearing short sheitals with a wide headband type thing over it.
I'm from flatbush but never saw this before.

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:11 pm
Many.
Satmar
Bobov
Belz (only shalosh regalim)
I believe Vizhnitz
amongst others...

frizet

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:15 pm
It’s a lot!
Satmar belz vishnitz the list goes on! I’m surprised you’ve never seen this if your from Flatbush…you never went to borough park?

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:19 pm
It depends more on family minhag than specific chasidus. A lot people wear their tzitzis out on chol hamoed and yom tov, but not during the week. White socks also. Long pants are most frequently worn by white sock wearers during the week.

frizet

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:23 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
It depends more on family minhag than specific chasidus. A lot people wear their tzitzis out on chol hamoed and yom tov, but not during the week. White socks also. Long pants are most frequently worn by white sock wearers during the week.

Many many chassidim in the NY area wear their tzitzis out all week too. White socks is only Shabbos and y’t and to simchos

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:25 pm
frizet wrote:
Many many chassidim in the NY area wear their tzitzis out all week too. White socks is only Shabbos and y’t and to simchos

Right, but many wear them outside only for special occasions.

As for the white sock comment: of course it's only Shabbos and yom tov, but there are some people who wear short pants and black socks. Most people however, wear long pants during the week.
That was my point.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics