Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Limited fridge space/ingred

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:15 pm
We didn't turn over, just lined a mini fridge.
I have
Mayo, milk, eggs, salt, paprika, oil spray, garlic salt, matza, cheese, cold cuts, hot dogs, garlic cubes, juice, soup mix, spreads (garlic,olive, sweet and spicy onion), cream cheese, avocado, tuna cans.
Also assorted chips, chocolate, candy, crackers, lady fingers.

Can you think of anything besides the obvious, as is food we can eat?

I have a range and a couple of pans.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:48 pm
Buy some potatoes (they don't need to be stored in a fridge). Prepare a pan on the range. Cube and fry up the potatoes into hash. Add sliced hot dogs the last 10 minutes.

For matzah pizza that isn't gebrokts, place matzah in frying pan, add tomato slices, spice it up, and top with cheese. Cover pan and set flame to lowest setting until cheese has melted.

Whip up and fry egg crepes. Cut cold cuts into strips and fill. Roll up and fry.

Make scrambled eggs. Serve alongside avocado on matzah and a side of tomato salad.

zaq

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:50 pm
Excepting the avocado, you’re seriously short of fruits and veggies. Potato chips don’t count. Unless you’re stocking your house for a siege, in which case go for canned veggies and dried fruit, run don’t walk to the nearest market and get some clementines, grapes, bananas, apples, pears, plum or cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, baby-cut carrots and so on.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:50 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Buy some potatoes (they don't need to be stored in a fridge). Prepare a pan on the range. Cube and fry up the potatoes into hash. Add sliced hot dogs the last 10 minutes.

For matzah pizza that isn't gebrokts, place matzah in frying pan, add tomato slices, spice it up, and top with cheese. Cover pan and set flame to lowest setting until cheese has melted.

Whip up and fry egg crepes. Cut cold cuts into strips and fill. Roll up and fry.

Make scrambled eggs. Serve alongside avocado on matzah and a side of tomato salad.

Thanks! Actually what we did for dinner last night, fried potatoes and hot dogs with ketchupy sauce... Forgot to say I have ketchup. I'm not going shopping anymore but got potatoes from my mom's house.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Actually what we did for dinner last night, fried potatoes and hot dogs with ketchupy sauce... Forgot to say I have ketchup. I'm not going shopping anymore but got potatoes from my mom's house.

Make a potato soup. Serve cold cuts on the side (on their own or in a blintz).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:52 pm
zaq wrote:
Excepting the avocado, you’re seriously short of fruits and veggies. Potato chips don’t count. Unless you’re stocking your house for a siege, in which case go for canned veggies and dried fruit, run don’t walk to the nearest market and get some clementines, grapes, bananas, apples, pears, plum or cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, baby-cut carrots and so on.

Lol we ate a bunch of cucumbers yesterday, I actually do have a couple left. I don't have anywhere to store much else. We will eat more fruit over yt, as we did first days. The avocados are hugely appreciated here...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics