Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
ISO Cold dessert recipe with no raw eggs

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 2:45 am
By the way, in choosing where to post this I realized we don't have a dessert section under recipes?

Anyway. I am thinking (if I have time...ha) of making some kind of ice cream or mousse for yom tov dessert but I don't like using raw eggs. I bought a thing of rich whip just in case that helps but not sure what to do with it exactly.

I'd really love to make a sorbet actually but the recipe I have needs a food processor and I don't have one (you're supposed to let it almost freeze, then process, then freeze again)

We are nut free.

Does anyone have a recipe for a dessert that is
parve
pesachdig
non-cake
nut-free
no raw eggs
no blender/food processor
may or may not include rich whip and/or red jello

Just trying to keep things interesting. Imamother never fails to amaze.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 2:53 am
Oh and I forgot to specify, if there are 5+ steps in the recipe I'm probably not making it but will enjoy the fantasy.

etky

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 3:08 am
I don't use raw eggs in my cooking, ever.
I posted my Deconstructed Pavlova in this thread:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....27887
No need to puree the strawberries if you don't have a blender.
Just sprinkle with some sugar and defrost. Maybe mash a bit with a fork when they're soft.
If you don't have meringues in the house you can still make this. It won't have the contrasting texture of the meringues but it will still be tasty.
Just add a couple of tablespoons of instant vanilla pudding into the topping before you whip it.

Another thing I make is egg-less chocolate mousse.
Basically just Rich Whip into which you fold parve chocolate spread once it's stiff (3 Tblsp. per small carton of Rich).
I also add a tad of cocoa to make it darker.
I sprinkled some Gefen almond brittle on top as decoration. You can do chocolate curls too, or coconut.
Store in freezer.
https://www.10dakot.co.il/reci.....7%9d/

jfk92

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 3:12 am
Frozen Bananas.
Cut Banana in half. Add popsicle stick . Dip in melted chocolate. Freeze.

Apple or orange juice popsicles w fresh fruit in it. The apple juices freezes clear. Looks really pretty.

etky

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 3:16 am
Here's another zero-effort and healthier idea.
I've been popping those individual servings of applesauce into the freezer so that I can have something sweet and refreshing to eat as dessert during the week, without resorting to fattening cakes and ice cream.
I freeze them for about an hour, until they're a slushy consistency and I have to say they are really hitting the spot for me.
If your kids will accept this as dessert then I can't think of anything easier Smile

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 3:53 am
Does no blender include no immersion blender? Because if you have one of those you can definitely use that to make the sorbet.

Dina2018

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 4:32 am
chocolate mousse : you need chocolate, water, ice and a whisk
https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....xx3hY

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 5:51 am
Poached pears in wine sauce?

Needs ripe pears, decent red wine, sugar, large pan with cover.

Pour 1/2 bottle Cabernet or other wine into pan, add 1/4 C sugar, simmer. Meanwhile, peel, halve, core pears. Simmer in wine sauce about 10-15 minutes each side until cooked. Remove pears, chill. Add more sugar, cook down sauce until it starts to froth, then remove syrup and cool. Keep pears and syrup separately in fridge until serving. Pour syrup into hollow of pear to serve.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 9:31 am
Depending on reasoning behind no raw eggs (I don't use because of bacteria concerns, my sister doesn't use because of an allergic child)....
I use liquid pasteurized egg whites (Bob Evans brand is OU-P) with frozen strawberries and sugar and it results in a creamy, easy to serve strawberry frozen dessert.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 12:58 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Does no blender include no immersion blender? Because if you have one of those you can definitely use that to make the sorbet.

I have no power appliances. Even my hand beater I only have a manual one because I can't find the motor part and I am not buying a new one until I look for it properly.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 1:00 pm
Dina2018 wrote:
chocolate mousse : you need chocolate, water, ice and a whisk
https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....xx3hY

OK wow. I just don't understand how the chocolate chips are supposed to melt into the water; I have only ever seen disastrous results from letting water touch melting chocolate.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 1:01 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Depending on reasoning behind no raw eggs (I don't use because of bacteria concerns, my sister doesn't use because of an allergic child)....
I use liquid pasteurized egg whites (Bob Evans brand is OU-P) with frozen strawberries and sugar and it results in a creamy, easy to serve strawberry frozen dessert.

Bacteria concerns and general squeamishness. I don't have any pasturized available right now. Good to know though.

smss

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 8:42 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Too late for this year but I'd love this recipe for next year!

Dina2018

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 8:53 pm
seeker wrote:
OK wow. I just don't understand how the chocolate chips are supposed to melt into the water; I have only ever seen disastrous results from letting water touch melting chocolate.

I made it (with real chocolate as I had no chips) and it was great! guests and kids loved it. It was very easy. Great not only for Pessach
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics