Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
1st time in Orlando-Help!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 3:49 pm
Hi!
I'm going to go to Orlando for the 1st time with my Dh this summer. We haven't gone on a vacation in a while. We want to stay in a hotel/ villa near a shul/minyan, is there anywhere anyone can suggest we stay?
And I would love to go to any of the Disney parks- which one would you suggest we go to?
Also any suggestions of where to eat?

Thanks in advance!

pinkpeonies

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 3:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi!
I'm going to go to Orlando for the 1st time with my Dh this summer. We haven't gone on a vacation in a while. We want to stay in a hotel/ villa near a shul/minyan, is there anywhere anyone can suggest we stay?
And I would love to go to any of the Disney parks- which one would you suggest we go to?
Also any suggestions of where to eat?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! That sounds super fun!
Are you sure you want to go to Orlando? It’s super hot in the summer and doesn’t really have much in terms of food and Shuls. When you go at popular times, such as midwinter or yontif, then all the resorts are basically frum and there’s 5 minyanim on every block. Also, the theme parks might be better to go with your children
If you’re just going with your husband, maybe try Miami, Arizona, or LA, where there are minyanim and kosher food options easily accessible

confusedalways

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 4:06 pm
Yes,
I currently have 2 babies at home and I finally got someone to watch them! Woohoo! I always wanted to go to Orlando. And I rather not go when it's crazy busy.

frumama

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 5:34 pm
Parks are less busy end of august.and Disney can definitely be enjoyed by adults. Go at your own pace with out catering to needs of kids. If you have to choose only one park, I'd go either Epcot or magic kingdom. If your a harry Potter fan, maybe universal

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 5:47 pm
There is typically a minyan in champions gate during the summer.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 5:54 pm
We loved Hollywood studios, minyanim daily are in chabad or chofetz Chaim area. You can check kosherorlando.org.

fmt4

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 6:08 pm
I think there are two kosher restaurants all year round. Google kosher Orlando.
In terms of parks: magic kingdom is the classic but a lot of the rides are more for kids, Hollywood studios is good if either of you like Star Wars, animal kingdom is more chill and very pretty, Epcot I don’t know much about. Universal is awesome and more geared for adults especially if you like Harry Potter! Sea world is fun too if you like sea creatures and thrill roller coasters.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 6:10 pm
FYI Orlando is about 10 degrees colder, on a daily basis, than Miami. So it's actually a better choice weather-wise to chose Orlando in the summer over Miami.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 6:16 pm
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
FYI Orlando is about 10 degrees colder, on a daily basis, than Miami. So it's actually a better choice weather-wise to chose Orlando in the summer over Miami.

Except there’s no ocean breezes ( or beach to cool off on) in Orlando

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:53 pm
Orlando is super hot and humid in the summer. It usually rains every day for an hour or so. It's also very crowded, I've been more than once even in late August and lines are long. But if you don't mind that then it's lots of fun too! Do some research on all the parks to see what interests you most.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 1:07 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Orlando is super hot and humid in the summer. It usually rains every day for an hour or so. It's also very crowded, I've been more than once even in late August and lines are long. But if you don't mind that then it's lots of fun too! Do some research on all the parks to see what interests you most.

Hottest day of my life was on a trip to Orlando I’m July I almost fainted . Never again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics