Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If you had a chef cook your YT

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 8:23 am
Please I like to know your experience
How did you decide what to order
Partial or full - YT meals
What else did you buy /make
Was it enough
Cost
Was it worth it for you
Anything you would differently

Thinking of doing this next year

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 8:29 am
It worked out really well.. I ordered meats, chicken and some veggie sides and soups. And some desserts. And salad dressings.
I made chicken soup, potato kugel, compote and brownies and blondies and breakfast and lunch so still spent plenty of time in the kitchen but a lot less than I would have. Plus I was actually happy to eat the food which seemed more interesting than my own (after I’ve made a menu, shopped and cooked it’s usually hard to muster up any enthusiasm)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 8:54 am
Thanks for sharing
Did it all come labeled or did you have to do that
Also was it enough or did you have too much leftover

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 8:59 am
I didnt do it this year but did it before. I know exactly how much my family eats so didnt have much leftovers. I also didnt order everything bec we are a small family so some things come in too big portions for us. You can check out batyas kitchen online. There is pricing. Her food is really good. Comes well packaged labeled and how to warm up.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:02 am
OP how are you distinguishing between chef prepared, and catered/prepared foods?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
OP how are you distinguishing between chef prepared, and catered/prepared foods?

Any
I didn’t know how to call it
But I want someone I can sit down and be specific with what I want

wifenmother

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any
I didn’t know how to call it
But I want someone I can sit down and be specific with what I want

Are you looking for a personal chef to come to your home and cook mains/sides/desserts or otherwise specific foods? That's very different than Batya's kitchen or other replies you got...

I know women in my community that do that. Runs around $1,000 - $1,500 per day depending on whether they come without help or bring along their own assistant.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 7:38 pm
wifenmother wrote:
Are you looking for a personal chef to come to your home and cook mains/sides/desserts or otherwise specific foods? That's very different than Batya's kitchen or other replies you got...

I know women in my community that do that. Runs around $1,000 - $1,500 per day depending on whether they come without help or bring along their own assistant.

No
Not in my home
I would like to sit with someone, make a specific menu and then have them deliver
Labeled ready to heat with instructions
I and other family members have food restrictions, not complicated, so I need to know that those items are not in the food.
Basically no sugar, no grains, no starches.
Also food need to be natural, ie no sauces, soup powder, etc. unless it’s all natural.
I guess caterer for small events

tichellady

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 8:05 pm
We got takeout for 3/4 meals for second days ( except for soup and salads). Worked out well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics