Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  1  2  3  38  39  40  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 4:26 pm
Anyone watching or following the trial? What are your thoughts on this?

hodeez

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:17 pm
I am, I had the biggest crush on Depp when I was younger 🙈. The whole situation is crazy, 2 Hollywood drug addicts airing their dirty laundry for everyone to see.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:19 pm
It is pretty messed up. I think they were both abusive to each other and I hope neither gets off Scott free

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:21 pm
Too bad they're getting divorced, they deserve each other. Both toxic abusive people. I do think it's unfair that Depp lost jobs while Heard didn't when she's at least as bad if not worse. Also, when I saw in the news that Heard went and had a baby (with a donor) all I could think is, poor kid. She's the last person in the world who should be a parent.

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:58 pm
I keep seeing articles about this on news sites and I never click on those articles.

I just don't care, and I feel bad for them, with their private lives splashed all over the headlines.

number

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:21 pm
I’ve been watching it, not because I care about either of them but because it’s a really enjoyable trial to watch. Depp is very likeable and has a very convincing story. After watching his testimony I’m now rooting for him to get justice. And from a cultural standpoint I think the trial’s important because it’s starting a conversation about women abusing men and women framing men for abuse to their own ends. Something that’s important after the MeToo movement became unbalanced.

As for comments about them both being drug addicts or them deserving each other, I watched enough of the case to know that simply isn’t true. Depp was sober when the alleged abuse went down, apart from weed which I don’t consider to be a drug addiction. And Depp’s character witnesses are very convincing. Depp has staff that has stayed with him for decades. They wouldn’t have done so if he were abusive. Heard on the other hand is a different story. An expert witness today said she has diagnosed Heard with BPD as well as histrionic personality disorder. And we know that Heard was drinking and doing drugs throughout.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:29 pm
Team Depp here.
Heard is abusive

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:40 pm
Depp's behavior leaves a lot to be desired but I don't believe it was abusive.

He was trying to avoid confrontation with Heard but she kept on pushing him into a corner.

Heard is trying hard to come accross as the victim but nice try. I think Depp is mostly speaking the truth.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 7:26 pm
Agree and thank you number for articulating my thoughts better than I could — creepy

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 7:44 pm
I only watched a few clips, maybe I’m not the right person to jugde. But having been in a toxic relationship myself, I just came here to say that we really don’t know what went on. Too often one person will come to court with charisma and a convincing story, and they can be lying and manipulating the world.

number

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:08 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I only watched a few clips, maybe I’m not the right person to jugde. But having been in a toxic relationship myself, I just came here to say that we really don’t know what went on. Too often one person will come to court with charisma and a convincing story, and they can be lying and manipulating the world.
That’s why this trial is so interesting. For years, everyone believed Amber Heard when she said Depp was an abuser. Depp lost his friends and his jobs because no one wanted to associate with him. No one believed a word Depp said to defend himself. But if you watch the actual trial, not just a few clips taken out of context, it is eye opening what really happened and how she was able to manipulate and gaslight to not only cover her own abuse of Depp, but frame him to be the abuser.

If you are a DV victim you may be especially interested in this trial, though many DV victims are finding it triggering for obvious reasons.

Personally I like to watch the trial with commentary. There are some lawyers that livestream the case and voice their reactions in real time. Here’s the stream I’ve been watching: LegalBytes

She starts a new stream each day for that day’s trial. It literally goes on all day. I usually wait for the interesting bits and then watch at double speed because it’s way too much.

fmt4

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:12 pm
Just a reminder that Depp is an ACTOR. He obviously is really enjoying playing the part of a lifetime.

number

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:14 pm
fmt4 wrote:
Just a reminder that Depp is an ACTOR. He obviously is really enjoying playing the part of a lifetime.
They’re both actors. But Depp’s own testimony is only a small part of the trial.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:17 pm
fmt4 wrote:

So is she.

He seems like a poor actor though- always laughing at weird times. This is not a laughing matter.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:24 pm
While that’s true purple often /usually the facts do come out in court and begin to paint a clearer picture of what really happened. As number said she had the sympathy of the newspapers etc but her narrative is crumbling under legal analysis and weight of proven context witnesses etc. Though clearly it’s not like he’s some role model still a false claim of domestic violence and smear is obviously not ok.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 10:10 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
While that’s true purple often /usually the facts do come out in court and begin to paint a clearer picture of what really happened. As number said she had the sympathy of the newspapers etc but her narrative is crumbling under legal analysis and weight of proven context witnesses etc. Though clearly it’s not like he’s some role model still a false claim of domestic violence and smear is obviously not ok.

Yup. I'm generally more partial toward women but she gave me narcissist/abusive vibes from the beginning, as in years ago, and this trial isn't helping her. This is a defamation trial because she published a story painting herself as a representative of abused women. Then you listen to audio of her yelling at Johnny that she hit him but didn't punch him (he's saying she punched him and she's arguing that she didn't punch him, "only" hit him, calling him a baby, etc.)

Honey, no. If you're starting physical altercations with your spouse you don't get to paint yourself as a victim of dv. Yes, you may have been a dv victim if he hit you too, but you don't get to paint yourself as a victim when you're also an abuser. In such a case you're both toxic, pick up whatever shred of dignity you have and get out. Although I'm not convinced he was ever really violent to her. Sounds like he was constantly trying to run away from her and she was trying to rile him up.

I'm not saying this trial paints him as a white sheep either. He seems to have major issues, he calls his exes terrible names, but I don't get the vibe that he gets his kicks from violently hurting other people. I think she does. Hence the prior domestic violence charges from her ex girlfriend, and the reason she filed for divorce a day or two after his mom passed even though they were already separated and nothing would've happened if she would've waited a few weeks to file those documents.

I'm not saying I think Johnny will necessarily win. It's a defamation case not a "was Amber a bully" case. But I think he brought this case to vindicate himself from the picture she painted of him. Based on comments I'm reading everywhere, I think he's having some measure of success with that but we haven't yet heard her side.

imafriend

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 10:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone watching or following the trial? What are your thoughts on this?

I think neither of them is innocent.

miami85

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 11:14 pm
I watched a little bit. My take is neither is innocent, but her writing a defamatory piece claiming victimhood and ruining his career was not right considering she was just as crazy and abusive towards him.

miami85

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 11:40 pm
number wrote:
They’re both actors. But Depp’s own testimony is only a small part of the trial.

He is an actor, but there were parts of his testimony that were clearly not made up--like the recordings and the severed finger.

Congresswoman

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 2:31 am
His quick witted remarks when testifying are extremely amusing LOL
Page 1 of 40   1  2  3  38  39  40  Next Recent Topics