Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood High School (new thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 1:05 pm
I heard they are going out this week (but not sure if it's true)

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 1:42 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Acceptance letters were officially mailed. Has anyone received?

When were they mailed?

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 4:01 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
Which school was it?

Ohros -I don't know how it is spelled

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 4:12 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
Ohros -I don't know how it is spelled

Doesn't make sense. Why would 1 person get a letter before yt when I heard from the owner that letters weren't out yet the week they closed for pesach.

lkwdgirl

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 5:18 pm
A little off topic but does anyone know the name of bais Faigas high school. Someone told me it’s Bnos Martha but I have a hard time believing that one

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:20 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Doesn't make sense. Why would 1 person get a letter before yt when I heard from the owner that letters weren't out yet the week they closed for pesach.

This is what my sister told me, I did not hear it first hand or see any letters.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:24 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:
A little off topic but does anyone know the name of bais Faigas high school. Someone told me it’s Bnos Martha but I have a hard time believing that one

I also heard that, their are a lot of wonderful Jewish women who were named and called Martha in a different generation.

Look they call one of their buildings Bnos Anya

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 6:37 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:

Yes I believe so. The Schron family has purchased the building and are naming it after a grandmother.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 12:45 pm
Did anyone get an acceptance letter yet?

chestnut

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 12:52 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
I also heard that, their are a lot of wonderful Jewish women who were named and called Martha in a different generation.

Look they call one of their buildings Bnos Anya

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Would schools be called Bnos Martha and Bnos Anya or it just says so on the building?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 12:55 pm
chestnut wrote:
Would schools be called Bnos Martha and Bnos Anya or it just says so on the building?

No one says "I go to Bais Anya". They say "I go to Bais Faiga" and if they are in grade 3 or 4, you know they are in the Bais Anya building.

I think the high school's gonna be the same. They will say "I go to Bais Faiga high school" and they will be in the Bnos Martha building.....

keym

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 12:59 pm
Chayalle wrote:
No one says "I go to Bais Anya". They say "I go to Bais Faiga" and if they are in grade 3 or 4, you know they are in the Bais Anya building.

I think the high school's gonna be the same. They will say "I go to Bais Faiga high school" and they will be in the Bnos Martha building.....

I don't know.
Among girls themselves, you'll hear "are you in the Grader or Bais Anya"
That type.
The "Anya" is definitely more used and visible than any other building namesake.

chestnut

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:03 pm
Fascinating. Totally OT, but does it mean these women didn't have Yiddish/Hebrew names?
I'm guessing, they were born in the beginning of the 20th century (or end of 19th).

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:05 pm
keym wrote:
I don't know.
Among girls themselves, you'll hear "are you in the Grader or Bais Anya"
That type.
The "Anya" is definitely more used and visible than any other building namesake.

Maybe, but they consider themselves as going to Bais Faiga.

If someone would ask me where my girls went to school, I wouldn't say "the Gratter building" or "Bais Anya" at that age. I would just say Bais Faiga.

(yeah and sometimes it lead to an explanation, like a relative would ask my little niece - 2nd grade - if she ever sees my 8th grader...and the answer of course is no. Except the Purim carnival, where my niece went around and informed every girl at every booth that my DD is her cousin....)

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:07 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
Did anyone get an acceptance letter yet?

DDs school was told by several principals that as of yesterday, no letters were sent out yet.
Pretty sure it's only Hefkervelt who keeps posting unsubstantiated rumors.
Prob, hopefully within the next week or 2.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:08 pm
chestnut wrote:
Fascinating. Totally OT, but does it mean these women didn't have Yiddish/Hebrew names?
I'm guessing, they were born in the beginning of the 20th century (or end of 19th).

What makes something a yiddish or Hebrew name?

There's a famous Gemarrah about a woman at the time of the Churban who's name was Marta bas Baisus....sounds like that was a name that's been around....

keym

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:23 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Maybe, but they consider themselves as going to Bais Faiga.

If someone would ask me where my girls went to school, I wouldn't say "the Gratter building" or "Bais Anya" at that age. I would just say Bais Faiga.

(yeah and sometimes it lead to an explanation, like a relative would ask my little niece - 2nd grade - if she ever sees my 8th grader...and the answer of course is no. Except the Purim carnival, where my niece went around and informed every girl at every booth that my DD is her cousin....)

True.
I was just saying that "Anya" is more remembered than most other women (or men) who have school buildings named after them.

As for whether the new school goes by Bnos Marta or not, I think it will depend on how separate and independent the school wants to be from Bais Faiga once it's up and running.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:27 pm
keym wrote:
True.
I was just saying that "Anya" is more remembered than most other women (or men) who have school buildings named after them.

As for whether the new school goes by Bnos Marta or not, I think it will depend on how separate and independent the school wants to be from Bais Faiga once it's up and running.

I heard that the campus they purchased in Jackson is going to house additional Bais Faiga and Cheder schools....so sounds like they are not going to be very separate.

keym

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:41 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I heard that the campus they purchased in Jackson is going to house additional Bais Faiga and Cheder schools....so sounds like they are not going to be very separate.

Who knows.
Time will tell.
It's not Mrs Epstein so it's a whole different flavor.
Meohn is on the same campus as Bnos Melech, Shiras Devorah is next door to Bais Tova. Meohn is known as Bnos Melech but Shiras Devorah is a little bit different.
Definitely not known as "Bais Tova high school".

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:48 pm
keym wrote:
Who knows.
Time will tell.
It's not Mrs Epstein so it's a whole different flavor.
Meohn is on the same campus as Bnos Melech, Shiras Devorah is next door to Bais Tova. Meohn is known as Bnos Melech but Shiras Devorah is a little bit different.
Definitely not known as "Bais Tova high school".

I think it also has to do with whether other schools will feed in.

Using your examples, Meon is mostly girls from Bnos Melech. Not many girls from other schools (a few, but not many.)
Shiras Devorah, OTOH, gets plenty of girls from other schools besides Bais Tova. Lots of girls from Bais Faiga, for example.

So in the long run, some of it will also depend on whether they get most of their students from Bais Faiga, or equally from other schools.
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries