Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
First time mom here, what do I need from amazon?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 9:38 am
Baby is 3 weeks old.
Please link all your baby must haves.

I have no baby gear. No books, no toys. No play mat, nothing really except a stroller and bassinet.

Only amazon links because I need things to ship to Israel.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 9:47 am
Hey do our babies share a birthday
Mazel tov to you

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 10:32 am
Mazel tov!
Only toy that baby needs right now is you Smile
all the other stuff you mentioned can wait
If you want to limit stuff (for financial or space reasons) I'd start with a baby gym/play arch, something that folds flat. A play mat is not really needed, although nice. Can just put baby on a blanket. Some mats have an arch attached
Toys - a bunch of rattles, things with texture to hold and look at and shake

You probably know this but not everything ships to Israel, and of those, not everything has free shipping. And you need to keep each shipment under $75 so no taxes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 11:46 am
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
Mazel tov!
Only toy that baby needs right now is you Smile
all the other stuff you mentioned can wait
If you want to limit stuff (for financial or space reasons) I'd start with a baby gym/play arch, something that folds flat. A play mat is not really needed, although nice. Can just put baby on a blanket. Some mats have an arch attached
Toys - a bunch of rattles, things with texture to hold and look at and shake

You probably know this but not everything ships to Israel, and of those, not everything has free shipping. And you need to keep each shipment under $75 so no taxes

Yes I know but alot of things do ship.

Also any oils, creams, small things like nail clippers etc I'd love reccomendations for too

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 11:57 am
Honestly most of the baby gear "musts" are fads and/or gimmicks.
Baby needs:
A way to eat- so either nursing or bottles (and therefore you need whatever makes that possible- boppy pillow or bottles. Instead of a nursing cover you can get a large swaddle blanket/burp cloth. Some nursing covers have velcro for around the head but I didnt need it).
A place to sleep- crib, bassinet, pack n play
A way to get around - car seat, stroller, baby carrier, depends on your lifestyle and preference
A place to play/tummy time. You can use a blanket or a "baby gym" (playmat with arches).
Only a few toys are really needed- A few soft toys might be good. They make stuffed animals in high contrasts that have textures, rattles etc and can hang on the stroller as well. I like multipurpose items!

Some people like a swing but not all babies enjoy them or only like a specific type. I would try to borrow from a friend or gemach to test out if yours likes any before buying.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 11:59 am
If the baby isn't born yet, a Velcro swaddle me really helps a lot of babies adjust comfortably to the world by keeping them nice and snug.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 12:15 pm
mazel tov!! you really dont need anything as little ducky said. you don't need books or toys yet. before 3 months they can't really grasp anyways. you can show black and white cards or draw with a sharpie on a piece of paper and that's plenty enough toys. I have a free download of Jewish cards on my site here
you don't need a mat yet, you can wear baby - actually a skin to skin shirt is so good for the first year weeks. I bought a long sleeved one off ebay
and you definitely don't need swings or other containers, they're not actually best for baby, so no pressure to buy them

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 12:57 pm
Lots of people have babies in Israel. They even sell baby equipment here. Try Shilav.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 12:59 pm
Hi!!
Mazel Tov! I'm a first time mom too, and my baby is a bit older by now. So Id like to help you avoid the mistakes I made with amazon purchases (or lack thereof Smile

I actually purchased a cheaper mat at first, that was totally a waste and did not serve its purpose, instead I ordered this one and my baby LOVES it. Currently, she started reaching out to grab the toys. The black and white design all around is great for babies. My baby loves to look around and she regularly turns over from her back to stomach on it
https://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Lo.....ss_tl

In general I love this company. She has the mobile as well - which she loves since day one!! The music goes non stop for 30 minutes, which is great. It is not too loud and can be used for the car - clipped onto the cars seat as well
https://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Lo.....ss_tl

I just ordered this stroller toy and can let you know once I start using it, if my baby enjoys it:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C.....ss_tl

Okay, now this is a gift I received, the most appreciated by far!! Jut ordered it for a friend - this how much I love it
So clean, neat and convenient!
https://www.amazon.com/Prince-.....ss_tl

Now, for the most important one:
Initially, I splurged on a baby swing from the company 4Moms - the mamaroo. It Was $250. My baby HATED it. And cried and cried in it, until I decided to purchase this plain simple Fischer Price swing - WHICH IS A DREAM.
My Baby loves the music & the rocking, as well as the toys hanging
It has many speed and music options
love love this purchase
trying to sell my Mamaroo now lol
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N.....;th=1

Do not buy this one - which I tried. It is a cheap and has good reviews but is a piece of garbage and not safe for babies. Very flimsy piece of plastic
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B.....ss_tl

Will let you know of anything else I find:)
B'hatzlacha!

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 1:46 pm
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:

Okay, now this is a gift I received, the most appreciated by far!! Jut ordered it for a friend - this how much I love it
So clean, neat and convenient!
https://www.amazon.com/Prince-.....ss_tl

Where do you keep this? hang on crib? I think I need it!

I find in the beginning you really need such a caddy near the couch also! Or running all day to get diapers and wipes.

I personally didn't find the need for a mobile over crib. A crib is for sleeping, not playing. I did like a swing/bouncer item bec baby sometimes needs soothing when you are too busy. (although, read what mushkamothers says - not recommended for long stretches)

I did like the stroller toy (got as a gift last time). It helped entertain an older baby (4-5 months) while errands and traveling.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 2:27 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Where do you keep this? hang on crib? I think I need it!

I find in the beginning you really need such a caddy near the couch also! Or running all day to get diapers and wipes.

I personally didn't find the need for a mobile over crib. A crib is for sleeping, not playing. I did like a swing/bouncer item bec baby sometimes needs soothing when you are too busy. (although, read what mushkamothers says - not recommended for long stretches)

I did like the stroller toy (got as a gift last time). It helped entertain an older baby (4-5 months) while errands and traveling.

Yes, the diaper station is for over the crib
I actually found the mobile very helpful. Sometimes after a feeding in mid of the night my baby did not want to go back to sleep so I turned on the mobile, and it entertained the baby till it fell back asleep
Also very soothing music helps calm down baby when needed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics