Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My baby miserable from Eczema please help
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:18 am
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
if you are nursing--both you and baby should be off inflammatory foods (gluten, dairy, corn, sugar, processed food.) Take probiotics and vitamin D. Can also take turmeric pills. If you aren't nursing, just do this for baby. Use Weleda moisturizer and put baby in long sleeves/pants to minimize exposed skin. Give it at least 2 months, this makes a massive difference.

This. If you're nursing, you gotta alter your diet big time. If not, then your baby needs to be on such a diet.
Also helps to take flax oil and magnesium. If nursing, you can take it. And both of you need a top quality probiotic like Klaire Labs.

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:23 am
OP, Google "wet wrapping for eczema." This is the only effective way to manage eczema long term instead of just putting a Band-Aid on it. National Jewish Hospital in Denver, the only hospital in the US that deals specifically with asthma, allergies, and eczema, recommends this method as the only truly successful method of treatment eczema.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:23 am

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:22 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Tacrolimus is certainly less concerning than a steroid. That said, I personally wouldn't use it. I'm a scaredy cat at this point. That's just me...

But the dermatologist I trust over at UCLA -- the one who discovered the dangers of steroid overuse -- isn't concerned with it. He says the topical doesn't really work, but he does use a similar drug in oral form: cyclosporin. Not sure if he would use for a baby.

Sun is great for real eczema. Get her out into the sun. However, there's a good chance that there may some steroid damage at this point. Look for bright red/pink flaring and skin tightening/flaking. It will go in cycles if there is steroid damage. Let's pray not.

Refuah shelimah.

In the meantime, can I recommend using Eucerin Original Healing cream to moisturize her? Use the first time right after a very warm bath. Dry her off and smear right away. You can then moisturize her around the clock as needed.

During an itchy spell, please put some Balmex on; it calms down the skin a little bit as it has zinc, an natural anti-inflammatory. It doesn't have to be a thick layer. She doesn't have to look white.

You can speak to your doctor about Benadryl as needed.

Also, you can pick up Domeboro or Burrow's solution to make a compress to soak up the ooze.

Refuah shelimah to your baby!

I just have to say thank you so much for this info. I have been dealing with terrible eczema on my baby for over a year. He was miserable. Its only on his face but was horrible. We've tried everything and nothing seemed to work. He's been on hydrocortisone, triamcinolone, tacrolimus, eucrisa etc. He kept getting MRSA and skin infections. Reading this post, I decided to stop the triamcinolone and tacrolimus and bought eucerin healing cream. I lathered it on his face (he has it by his mouth area) and topped it with vaseline. Its super messy and I only did it at night because he obviously can't walk around like that. Anyway, BH within two days his skin cleared!! I saw his chin for the first time in a year so thank you thank you thank you!!! It's now a week and so far so good!!!

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:26 pm
Hold off on vaccinating until it clears up

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 10:07 am
I didn't read the whole thread so apologies if someone said this before, but I know people in US who go to Arizona and have seen success with exczema.

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 12:40 am
Hi! Do you have the contact info for this acupuncturist?

amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Not sure where you're located but there's an acupuncturist in Brooklyn who has helped many with eczema.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:04 am
My son also had eczema for many many years. As a toddler it was so bad, his eyelids, cheeks, neck, arms, legs, stomach, private areas. His wrists and elbows were so scratched up and bleeding I tried not to think what people might think seeing it.
Tried every eczema cream- nothing helped. Took him off typical allergen foods for 8 months- no relief. Went to a well known homeopath, then tried NAET- nothing. Gave all kinds of vitamins. It didn't budge.
The only thing that helped was that miracle cream from israel (dating myself here, it was over 15 years ago) that claimed to be steroid free. It truly was a miracle for us but months later everyone found out they were lying and it did have steroids in it. So we stopped using it.
I had made an appt at an allergist but I had to wait till summer. Lo and behold, in the summer it had completely cleared up. That's when I realized it was not the food or detergent or carpet, it was wet seasons- fall, winter, spring. The worst flare ups were during fall and spring.
We went to a local Jewish alternative medicine guy that my pharmacist told me about! Actually he came to us, he did home visits. He clarified that my son is allergic to whole wheat but not wheat itself. That's when I stopped using whole wheat and switched to regular. He did his thing, left us instructions, and the very next day my son's skin was clear. The relief... we started to live normal lives. A year and then a second year went by. Such freedom! But then it started coming back slowly. I tried calling him to come again but he had moved away and I couldn't reach him.
The eczema never fully returned like it used to be. His elbows were the worst but it no longer covered his face and the rest of his body. Again we tried all the eczema creams and nothing helped. We went through tubes of mupirocin just on his elbows. Finally one day I found Cerave. It worked! IT WOOORRRKED! Finding something that actually works is miracle enough. So we take cerave wherever we go.
My son claims cerave instantly adds a healthy layer of skin on top of the eczema. Obviously that's impossible but that's how well it works for him.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics