Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why does this morah still have open slots for next year?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 9:42 pm
I'm new to this town and I always hear how difficult it is to get kids into playgroup.
My daughter is signed up for a 4 year old morah since November and I just noticed that she is still advertising that she has 3 more open slots.

Does it mean she's not a good morah? 😟

mnas

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 9:58 pm
Could be she's just not well known
I find unfortunately even the scary morahs get full fast

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:03 pm
I'm a Morah. I live on the outskirts of Lakewood, so I don't fill up completely right away- I often have slots in the summer still. But I do know I have a very good name out there (sorry to be so big-shotty). I get bombarded with calls before and during registration time, and then my last few slots stay open late, usually.
Do an extra bit of research, if it'll make you more comfortable.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:14 pm
I think it has more to do with popular locations and names that people overly inflate as amazing. She's probably fine, but you can ask around some more just to be sure.

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
I'm a Morah. I live on the outskirts of Lakewood, so I don't fill up completely right away- I often have slots in the summer still. But I do know I have a very good name out there (sorry to be so big-shotty). I get bombarded with calls before and during registration time, and then my last few slots stay open late, usually.
Do an extra bit of research, if it'll make you more comfortable.

What age do you do?

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:47 pm
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
What age do you do?

I'm one of the many closing shop. sorry

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:49 pm
I live in an older neighborhood. My child goes to amazing Morah. Very few children around.
She fills up very late.
Last year sent to a Morah last minute. She lives in an area saturated with babysitters and a nightmare to drive to unless you live there.
So can go both ways.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:51 pm
It's crazy how it works in Lakewood. In Brooklyn, many places don't open registration until this time of year.

sunnys

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:26 pm
Also many schools have kindergarten classes available it’s a newer option. Makes sense if she’s 4 that class isn’t full there’s more competition!

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:28 pm
On the topic, does anyone know of a morah for my kid turning 2 in Feb who still has room?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:41 pm
My kids Morah opens registration now and she’s amazing. She actually told me once she knows she’ll fill up anyway and she ends up getting more chilled parents.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries