Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for individuals who saved my son's life
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 6:15 pm
Nothing can repay this, obviously. I am looking for a meaningful gift, as a small expression of hakaras hatov, for four individuals who were involved in resuscitation efforts on my precious 2 year old son during a choking incident at shul a few weeks ago.

I was thinking artwork would be nice. Maybe including a pasuk about saving a life or nishmas or even modeh ani, something like that. But, I am googling all over and really can't find anything.

I would love any suggestions for something like this or a simple way I can DIY so it looks very nice. Also appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks!

(Maybe I'll share the whole story soon
It is a miraculous example of Hashems chesed .)

CPenzias

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 6:49 pm
Maybe a birchas habayis?

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 6:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nothing can repay this, obviously. I am looking for a meaningful gift, as a small expression of hakaras hatov, for four individuals who were involved in resuscitation efforts on my precious 2 year old son during a choking incident at shul a few weeks ago.

I was thinking artwork would be nice. Maybe including a pasuk about saving a life or nishmas or even modeh ani, something like that. But, I am googling all over and really can't find anything.

I would love any suggestions for something like this or a simple way I can DIY so it looks very nice. Also appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks!

(Maybe I'll share the whole story soon
It is a miraculous example of Hashems chesed .)

Doesn't it say somewhere.. He who saves one life saves the world... You can use that as a pasuk... Verse... Saying.. Thing... Maybe you can get it artistically put on a bookmark?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 7:01 pm
https://yaelivogel.com/product.....D_BwE

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 7:13 pm
Chasdei Hashem!

I think what they did was huge. However reducing it to an artwork/silver becher is not equal.

If I go the extra mile and “assist you in furnishing your home,” sure give me a gift. If I’m in shul and there’s a kid choking and I jump and help, A I feel tremendous fulfillment B I don’t want recognition-anyone would help if they could in such a situation.

I understand your wanting to express your appreciation. I think a homemade batch of cookies or your claim to fame candied apples, delivered in person where you personally thank them, is appropriate. That person to person emotional appreciation is priceless.

No pressure, you can invite them to his upsherin, bar mitzva and wedding.

Ki Tov Hashem!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:07 pm
You could make a small seudas hodaah and thank them there, perhaps with a small gift "from" your child?

Something with a photo of your child and that pasuk incorporated?

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:10 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
Chasdei Hashem!

I think what they did was huge. However reducing it to an artwork/silver becher is not equal.

If I go the extra mile and “assist you in furnishing your home,” sure give me a gift. If I’m in shul and there’s a kid choking and I jump and help, A I feel tremendous fulfillment B I don’t want recognition-anyone would help if they could in such a situation.

I understand your wanting to express your appreciation. I think a homemade batch of cookies or your claim to fame candied apples, delivered in person where you personally thank them, is appropriate. That person to person emotional appreciation is priceless.

No pressure, you can invite them to his upsherin, bar mitzva and wedding.

Ki Tov Hashem!

Agree
Send something for shabbos, chocolates, fruit, dessert, flowers, with a nice note.
More is really overdoing it.
Speaking as daughter of hatzola member who literally saved countless lives over the years.
However, when a DOCTOR went above and beyond by choice (not adrenaline rush) to help my child who was hospitalized for a week in critical condition we did buy a beautiful art plaque with a tefilla lrofai...

jewishmommy1

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:10 pm
Would a donation to Hatzolah in their zchus feel like an appropriate type of recognition?

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:19 pm
I know someone who sent a nice meatboard to a hatzalah member who saved their child when they turned blue and stopped breathing.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:48 pm
I think a beautiful handwritten note with something personal, like homemade food or a photo, is enough. I also like the idea someone mentioned of inviting them to future simchos of this child.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:59 pm
Thanks for sharing ideas and thoughts so far! I'm out of town, and there is no hatzalah here.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for sharing ideas and thoughts so far! I'm out of town, and there is no hatzalah here.

I'm sure you can come up with SOMEWHERE for an appropriate donation!

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:21 pm
My husband bought a nice bottle of whiskey for the hatzolah guy that saved our sons life. You could also send a good wine for shabbos.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe someone should start one....now THERE'S a project for you! LOL

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 2:27 am
As a lifeguard I saved a young girls life (more than 15 years ago). Her mother used to bring her to me every year or so and say remember __________ , she is the one who saved you . Her quick thinking kept you from from drowning. It really meant a lot , especially as a teenager who was traumatized by the rescue and what almost went wrong (the girl was under for close to a minute and was not breathing when I rescued her ) to keep hearing that I did the right thing and it wasn't my fault (the mom was the one who should have been closer to her non swimming daughter and watching her more carefully). Long story but after I rescued her , I screamed for someone to call 911 ( I was the only guard in the area ) , they ran to the lifeguarding office and the phones were down. By the time I got backup (15 minutes later!, BH the girl was starting to breathe again) .
We keep up sporadically to this day . I also use her story when I train new lifeguards and explain why a rule such as the 10/25 rule is so important (if a child can't swim 25 feet, she needs to be within 10 feet of a adult at all times ) and also why someone should never lifeguard alone unless their is another adult nearby who can provide support in an emergency .

justforfun87

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 6:29 am
One year I found a 20 month old baby wandering in the middle of the street who had left a poorly supervised backyard camp. I can't imagine anyone wouldn't stop I just happen to be at the right place at the right time. The mom sent me home made challah or maybe it was flowers with a really heartfelt note. It was very touching.

singleagain

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 7:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you want to donate donate to the shul in their honor

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 7:19 am
Agree with the note and baked goods. If for some reason you go with the pasuk/saying, there are many shops on Etsy that will calligraphy in Hebrew and frame.

kenz

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 7:36 am
I really disagree with most of you. If I would’ve been involved with something like that it would be very meaningful to receive a memento that I could always look at and know where it came from. I love the Nishmas idea above.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 7:44 am
I think a beautiful judaica artwork
Add a plaque on bottom with words
"Kol hamekayem nefesh ahat, keilu mekayem Olam male" (Talmud Yerushalmí)
And add "with deep appreciation for saving --- life on -----" mr and mrs ---

Just Wanna add my family has a similar indebted story and mom sends every special occasion pictures flowers etc
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics