Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Camp Mommy schedule

Beingreal

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:00 am
I am doing Camp Mommy this summer. Can someone please give me a basic schedule what you did? Tips are also welcome! I have kids 1-10.

naomi2

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 11:41 am
Your location might help with more suggestions.
The website Mommypoppins has lots of events and child freindly activity ideas in the tristate area.

Oldest

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 11:43 am
One summer growing up we did camp mommy and all loved it!

We were all woken up (by 9:30/10 probably) Then got dressed, davened, ate breakfast and made their beds (we had a whole contest for that)
After we did an exercise cd
We went swimming once a day (rented a pool daily)
My mother also bought each of us an elaborate arts and crafts project that we worked on all month
Do trips, outings, family games and activities, cook-offs

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 11:43 am
I did trips every day. Some free (parks, beach etc..) and some paid. Mommy Poppins has great ideas of places to go. My kids are early risers so we went in the morning and whenever we came home was either crafts, baking, or they just played. Key is to pack lunch drinks and snacks so the kids aren't cranky.

benny

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 11:55 am
Yay! I’m doing this summer for my younger kids ages 3-10! I’ve done it many times with all diff age ranges. So excited! We have a morning routine every day where kids get basics done. Get dressed, eat breakfast, daven, make their bed, clean up their room, summer homework. We have a time limit so they do it right away and if they do everything they need to smoothly they get to pick a raffle where I have exciting little treats. Like get a slurpee, something from dollar tree, a treat from the grocery…
After that we usually have a fun trip scheduled. Some days are more major and some are pool, beach, park…
We also usually go away on vacation for a few days.
We also do a project like plant a vegetable garden, paint something outdoors…
My kids look forward to it all year!
Looking forward to some fresh ideas on this post!

benny

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 12:03 pm
We also make grocery shopping fun with scavenger hunts and contests.

We have some down time to play sometimes so I can get things done in the house but really have a pretty full schedule for the most part so no one gets bored and kvetchy.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 12:23 pm
When I was a kid my mom did it like this: the older kids in the family were hired to be staff. They made a theme and camp song.
Every morning started the day with camp song, davening, exercise video. Then a craft or baking activity. Then lunch and then a game of some sort and the rest of the afternoon in the pool and sprinkler. One day a week they did a trip - nothing major, sometimes even biking in the park.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 1:35 pm
Kudos to all the Camp Mommies.

I think some Jewish Magazines did a big article on this a few years ago that listed many great ideas.

Lots of trips.

While the objective was to save $, mothers also wanted kids to have a great summer, a real break
from the school atmosphere of most day camps and sleep-away camps, and FAMILY BONDING.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 1:37 pm
My Lakewood friend once organized a small bunk for 10 y.o. boys - hired a rebbe to
learn with them in the morning - starting 10:30. Boys were expected to davven in shul.

And then different mothers (rotating) did sports, swimming and a weekly trip.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics