Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for individuals who saved my son's life
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 7:58 am
kenz wrote:
I really disagree with most of you. If I would’ve been involved with something like that it would be very meaningful to receive a memento that I could always look at and know where it came from. I love the Nishmas idea above.

Thanks for the validation. Maybe it's different than hatzalah, who are expecting to save a life on a shabbos here and there. This was regular bystanders (2 former lifeguards, one Dr who ran several blocks to respond, and one friend who is a pharmacist), who worked on my son for probably 10 minutes, maybe more, while he was unresponsive, until EMS finally arrived. It was a traumatic situation for all who witnessed the event and an inspiring yeshua.

I like that nishmas artwork too. It's a bit over my price range though... I was hoping more for $50-60.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 8:01 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I think a beautiful judaica artwork
Add a plaque on bottom with words
"Kol hamekayem nefesh ahat, keilu mekayem Olam male" (Talmud Yerushalmí)
And add "with deep appreciation for saving --- life on -----" mr and mrs ---

Just Wanna add my family has a similar indebted story and mom sends every special occasion pictures flowers etc

I like this! This was like what I had in mind! but the idea of putting it together within my budget overwhelms me (I work full time and have a few kids ka"h). Also now people on here are making me doubt myself.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 8:02 am
Thanks so much for every response, sorry for not responding to each individually... Any more ideas are appreciated within budget of $50-60...

naomi2

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 9:01 am
I like the ideas of sending something special before shobbos. Fruit platter, meat board, flowers, baked goods, a nice bottle of schnapps. And of course a nice note.artwork is personal and may not jive with the recipients taste. As far a s a picture of your child, I would not send that. What will they do with something like that?

Perrys

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 9:03 am
Op!!!!!
My family heard you speak. They were impressed!

Pm me if you want to know who my mother is

baltomom

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 9:04 am
Maybe you can print a beautiful nature photo on canvas with a pasuk on the bottom (Nishmas or something else). It should be pretty simple to design on any photo website.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:43 am
It is such a beautiful idea, and I definitely understand the need to show hakaras hatov. Look at waterdalecollection.com. I'm sure they will have something in your price range that you can ship directly. They have judaic wall art and all different gift options.

kenz

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the validation. Maybe it's different than hatzalah, who are expecting to save a life on a shabbos here and there. This was regular bystanders (2 former lifeguards, one Dr who ran several blocks to respond, and one friend who is a pharmacist), who worked on my son for probably 10 minutes, maybe more, while he was unresponsive, until EMS finally arrived. It was a traumatic situation for all who witnessed the event and an inspiring yeshua.

I like that nishmas artwork too. It's a bit over my price range though... I was hoping more for $50-60.

It sounds traumatic and like a real neis. Baruch Hashem for a good outcome!!! You can definitely find something in your price range along those lines. Please ignore the naysayers. A keepsake is far more meaningful than a food item that will be gone right away. If you still want ideas I will try to look after Shabbos for you.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 11:37 am
I just want to say, OP, I got so teary-eyed reading this thread. Thank you for reminding us that Hashem is always watching over us and our loved ones. We should never be in such a situation, but may Hashem always put his shlichim there for us if we should need it.

You should have much Nachas from your precious child always.

amother
Vanilla

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 12:20 pm
These are in ur price range:

https://waterdalecollection.co.....zelda

https://waterdalecollection.co.....bayis

https://nechamafineart.com/pro.....-8x8/

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:00 am
Perrys wrote:
Op!!!!!
My family heard you speak. They were impressed!

Pm me if you want to know who my mother is

❤️

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words.

Yes definitely the type of story that makes you appreciate what you have.

May each of you be zocheh to healthy families and true nachas, for many generations.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:04 am
In a addition to whatever you do, give them each a picture your child has made along with the thank you note, in all it's 2 year old glory. In my experience, this is most treasured.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for every response, sorry for not responding to each individually... Any more ideas are appreciated within budget of $50-60...

Where I live (southern hemisphere) you can get the passuk laser cut from wood and then paint or spray paint it and have it framed. Is there any place near you that can do it?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics