Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
If you just eat normal...?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 6:21 am
If you just eat normal, if you don't diet (not by any other name either) what do you eat in a day?
What is normal eating?

People keep saying if you eat normal your weight will stabilize. I have no idea how to eat normal. I've only ever dieted or binge eaten. Dieting is bad, lifestyle changes they say but then when I ask what are lifestyle changes- they are all diets just called differently because you need to do them forever.

Please tell me what does a non diet, normal eating day and week look like.

essie14

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 6:32 am
Can you go to a nutritionist? Many insurance plans will cover this.
If you've never eaten "normally" I think this could be very beneficial.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:23 am
The nutritionist put me on a diet, I mean eating plan.

I want to know what people who don't plan or think about food, don't follow a food plan or make any kinds of calculations, how do they eat.

They don't eat like my nutritionist food plan.
Is everyone on this site on a diet?

amother
Peony

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:32 am
OP, check out Intuitive Eating. They encourage you to tune into your hunger cues, not someone else's idea of when you should be hungry.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:41 am
I have a quick metabolism, and I don't gain weight no matter what I eat.
Because of that, I've never dieted. I try to eat healthy, but I don't restrict my eating or eat anything specific.

I try to eat two solid meals a day, usually lunch and dinner, and snack frequently throughout the day (crackers, dark chocolate, fruit, sometimes a Snickers or something). I'll usually have at least one fleishig meal, usually at night (my go-to is chicken and rice). I don't eat a lot of dairy, it hurts my stomach (but ice cream is always worth it!)

I usually eat something small every few hours, rarely a large meal.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:50 am
I have no idea what the answer is
When I was 27 and single I gained around 30 pounds. I tried everything and couldn’t stick with any plan. Nutritionist, weight watchers,protein shakes, vitamins…,
There was a guy I went out with who I thought I liked. He said no to me because of my weight. That never happened to me before. I was humiliated and devastated. After a few days of feeling very sorry for myself I went back to weight watchers. This time I decided to stick with it no matter what. The first week was very, very hard. I was able to stick with it without finding it hard after that first week. I lost 25 pounds in 6 months. No exercise.
It’s 20 years later. I got married and had a few kids. My weight has fluctuated. I’m trying to figure out how to just eat normally without following weight watchers. At this point I really don’t know how. As soon as I’m not following I binge eat. The only thing that keeps me from not gaining is sticking to weight watchers. There’s a lot of flexibility on ww’s these days but I am not loosing the way I did 20 years ago. I don’t gain either so that part is good.
I have no answer to your original question. I’m trying to figure this out myself.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:54 am
I would consider this normal:
Relatively basic breakfast like cereal and milk, oatmeal, if you want a heavier meal something like toast eggs etc
Lunch is carb protein maybe some veg. Pasta with tuna and cheese etc.
Dinner is another protein carb veg combo. Chicken rice green beans.
Snacks throughout the day would be fruit crackers pretzels maybe something unhealthier.

When you have relatively no concern for what you’re eating you can eat more carb then protein etc. If I’m being honest I eat more carb at each meal then the other parts.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:02 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I have a quick metabolism, and I don't gain weight no matter what I eat.
Because of that, I've never dieted. I try to eat healthy, but I don't restrict my eating or eat anything specific.

I try to eat two solid meals a day, usually lunch and dinner, and snack frequently throughout the day (crackers, dark chocolate, fruit, sometimes a Snickers or something). I'll usually have at least one fleishig meal, usually at night (my go-to is chicken and rice). I don't eat a lot of dairy, it hurts my stomach (but ice cream is always worth it!)

I usually eat something small every few hours, rarely a large meal.

I am so so jealous of you!! Smile

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:03 am
your needs are so individual and if you've done extreme eating on either side (over/under) you really may need some help getting to "normal". you may get a "plan/diet" for awhile, but it becomes pretty normal quickly.

I eat pretty normal, though to meet *my* goals (runner/gym go-er needs fuel to be a bada*s)

breakfast: eggs, toast, fruit, coffee. cereal if that's what sounds good and then I have a protein shake later on. smoothie if morning workout zapped appetite and I still need nutrition

am snack: more coffee, nuts, fruit. maybe a small pastry/granola bar, etc

lunch: leftovers or a sandwich or a salad. regular food, nothing weird

pm snack: seltzer, string cheeee, fruit or veg maybe. but since I'm "normal", sometimes, kettle chips and a soda if I'm being honest

dinner: meat, veg/salad, carb

snack if I still need: cereal & milk or ice cream

some days I do have to vary it to fit in plan. meat or salmon at breakfast if I know dinner will be milch/lower on protein (ex: pasta w/no meat)

and some days I'm totally human (normal) and eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast and drink 4 cups of coffee over the day.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:18 am
I eat very normal
Small danish and coffee for breakfast
Hungry an hour later- oatmeal with sugar and milk
Lunch- pizza and a little salad
Supper- cheese sandwich or pasta with melted cheese
Before bed- more oatmeal or granola bar or chocolate chip muffin
😐😟😬

10 pounds overweight 😔

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you just eat normal, if you don't diet (not by any other name either) what do you eat in a day?
What is normal eating?

People keep saying if you eat normal your weight will stabilize. I have no idea how to eat normal. I've only ever dieted or binge eaten. Dieting is bad, lifestyle changes they say but then when I ask what are lifestyle changes- they are all diets just called differently because you need to do them forever.

Please tell me what does a non diet, normal eating day and week look like.

It means different things for different ppl
According to your definition of healthy
And What you are trying to accomplish

cupcake123

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:27 am
Usually have a coffee in the morning. Then closer to lunchtime but not lunch like 11:00 ill have a good breakfast. Eggs and toast with veggies or avacodo and toast with veggies. Then at like 3 o'clock I'll have a snack cake,cookies, apples.. wtvr is lying around.
Then I'll eat dinner pizza, shnitzel and potatoes meatballs and spaghetti...
Sometimes I'll have choclate, ice cream, more coffee throughout the day..

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:29 am
cupcake123 wrote:
Usually have a coffee in the morning. Then closer to lunchtime but not lunch like 11:00 ill have a good breakfast. Eggs and toast with veggies or avacodo and toast with veggies. Then at like 3 o'clock I'll have a snack cake,cookies, apples.. wtvr is lying around.
Then I'll eat dinner pizza, shnitzel and potatoes meatballs and spaghetti...
Sometimes I'll have choclate, ice cream, more coffee throughout the day..

Are you thin?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:30 am
I haven’t been on a diet in over 10 years (when I was 17).

On a regular day:
Breakfast: cereal and milk, sometimes toast and peanut butter or scrambled eggs
Lunch: tuna sandwich, deli sandwich, leftover dinner (I’m not fleishigphopic)
Dinner: usually some sort of chicken (sometimes meat), some sort of grain, and sometimes a vegetable/soup
Snacks (usually between lunch and dinner) pretzels, fruit, pastry, whatever is around the house.

I’m noticing while writing this out that I really have to eat more veggies.

ETA: I drink only water. No coffee, sometimes I’ll take a tea with a squeeze of honey if I’m in the mood.

cupcake123

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:31 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Are you thin?

I'm around 125 pounds and 5"3. Is that thin? I think I'm average. 10 years ago I was 100 pounds. Never lost the baby weight...

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:34 am
cupcake123 wrote:
I'm around 125 pounds and 5"3. Is that thin? I think I'm average. 10 years ago I was 100 pounds. Never lost the baby weight...

Yes, you are thin
I’m 5’1 and 140… I look short and chubby

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:34 am
My secret to weight loss is drinking lemon-water.
It helps detoxify and eliminate.

For me, a good Breakfast is key for a good day.
First Coffee (and jack n Jill cookies to dip)

Whole wheat bread and spread/avacado...
In a good moment- eggs.

Lunch- salad (if I'm in the mood)
Any protein. Carb is a killer.
Otherwise, some other light food, like cereal and milk.

Dinner- any main dish.

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:35 am
3 balanced meals and 2 snacks.

Balanced, every meal has protein, carb, veg and fat.
Eat till your full and satisfied but not too full.
Snack: fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, popcorn, cookies

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:48 am
I don’t worry about dieting or my weight at all
Im not into food, I’ve been eating the same foods for the past 10 years, for the sole purpose of not being hungry and to keep my brain working.

In the morning a have a cup of water and freshly squeezed lemon. Gives me energy.

Then I eat lots of lettuce with a bit olive oil and salt and 2 organic hard boiled eggs. So good Smile
And a bowl of cereal

For lunch I eat salmon or tuna olives and rice cake.

That’s pretty much it.

I don’t eat dinner although I do munch on bits and pieces of my kids’ dinner.

I try to drink throughout the day, I can munch on some chips (like a quarter cup a day or less) or mint chocolate covered rice cakes.

People say I’m thin although I don’t necessarily consider myself to be.
Honestly I don’t care Smile

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:51 am
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
I don’t worry about dieting or my weight at all
Im not into food, I’ve been eating the same foods for the past 10 years, for the sole purpose of not being hungry and to keep my brain working.

In the morning a have a cup of water and freshly squeezed lemon. Gives me energy.

Then I eat lots of lettuce with a bit olive oil and salt and 2 organic hard boiled eggs. So good Smile
And a bowl of cereal

For lunch I eat salmon or tuna olives and rice cake.

That’s pretty much it.

I don’t eat dinner although I do munch on bits and pieces of my kids’ dinner.

I try to drink throughout the day, I can munch on some chips (like a quarter cup a day or less) or mint chocolate covered rice cakes.

People say I’m thin although I don’t necessarily consider myself to be.
Honestly I don’t care Smile

You are barely eating
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise