Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need an affordable couch

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:41 am
Please tell me about your positive experiences with a couch purchase. Also did anyone ever buy from a large store that makes couches customized to your specifications ? Help! No

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please tell me about your positive experiences with a couch purchase. Also did anyone ever buy from a large store that makes couches customized to your specifications ? Help! No

Dont know where youre located but if your anywhere next to Lakewood, Living Quarters has a number of floor samples that they need off the showroom floor and selling at a steep discount. pays to check it out I think

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:23 am
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
Dont know where youre located but if your anywhere next to Lakewood, Living Quarters has a number of floor samples that they need off the showroom floor and selling at a steep discount. pays to check it out I think
Lakewood has a living quarters? Where is it located?? I recently moved to Lakewood from Brooklyn and didn't know there's one locally.
Thanks!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:26 am
I Googled it. Thanks for sharing!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:28 am
From NY . Not Lakewood . Any ideas ? Willing to go to the city , Brooklyn or Long Island .

ysydmom

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:20 am
There is a furniture gemach in brooklyn people are always giving away items. you can pm me for more info.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:42 am
Thanks for that idea. I might’ve been unclear in my op. I can afford a couch , I just need a recommendation for a store that has good reviews .

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:56 am
I bought one from eisenbergers.in Brooklyn
A palliser couch
Beautiful L shape microfiber ( you can do leather)
For about $2,500 if that's helpful to u
This was after looking at many big box stores

Amarante

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:58 am
I can't help with a specific recommendation of a store.

I did have a couch made by a local upholsterer done to my exact specifications and I am pleased by the result. It wasn't inexpensive but the price was about what middle of the road retail would have cost (e.g. Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware) but was of the quality of Baker.

Most retail stores don't do custom. The better ones will have more choices of fabric to choose from and some lines will have what is called COM (customer's own merchandise) which means that you send your choice of fabric to the factory and they will make the couch in that fabric instead of the fabric choices they offer.

I am not sure what your definition of "affordable" is since that covers a wide range of prices from IKEA to Baker and beyond.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:02 am
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
I bought one from eisenbergers.in Brooklyn
A palliser couch
Beautiful L shape microfiber ( you can do leather)
For about $2,500 if that's helpful to u
This was after looking at many big box stores

Do you have a link for me to view the couch? Do they give choices of fabrics?

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:56 am
You might want to say what length, material and budget, to get on target responses.

SYA

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 11:06 am
Everything but the Baby sells so many types at affordable pricing. I’ve been hair with my couches from them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 11:15 am
SYA wrote:
Everything but the Baby sells so many types at affordable pricing. I’ve been hair with my couches from them.

Where are they located ?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 11:17 am
I had a great experience at sanders in williamsburg. Also got palliser L shaped one in leather.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 2:02 pm
Ty! I keep hearing the name Palliser . Is this considered a good brand ?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:29 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Lakewood has a living quarters? Where is it located?? I recently moved to Lakewood from Brooklyn and didn't know there's one locally.
Thanks!

Dina's by Living Quarters. 399 Cedarbridge ave

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From NY . Not Lakewood . Any ideas ? Willing to go to the city , Brooklyn or Long Island .

There is a living quarters in boro park too. I think LQ in general is pretty big in sofas. There are certain brands that can be made to your specifications. just visit any local furniture store that carries many sofa brands.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics