Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO of really fresh and sanitary butcher w delivery to jeru

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:11 am
I've never been thrilled with the hygiene level/ freshness ive seem at my butcher at my local supermarket. but now with being pregnant as well as getting scared off by the latest salmonella recalls , I really want to make sure we're eating meat and chicken that is handled and refrigerated correctly and dealt with in a sanitary manner . Does anyone have any recommendations for a butcher that fills these criteria and is in Jerusalem or can deliver to there ? Im willing to get from somewhere expensive for good quality.... im looking for something with a mehadrin hechsher .... thanks in advance!

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:44 am
Chofetz Chaim butcher shop in Yerushalayim

Sesame

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:51 am
Never used them but heard amazing things about pick a deli and well done in Jeru. I heard about chometz Chaim too. All seem to be popular with happy customers

Just saying that the recalls were from elite, no connection to chicken or butchers….

etky

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:59 am
Sesame wrote:
Never used them but heard amazing things about pick a deli and well done in Jeru. I heard about chometz Chaim too. All seem to be popular with happy customers

Just saying that the recalls were from elite, no connection to chicken or butchers….

This.
In any case you have to assume that whatever raw meat - especially chicken - from whatever source, that comes into your house might contain salmonella. It's rampant here.
Just handle it appropriately and makes sure to cook it thoroughly and you'll be fine.

zebra111

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:04 am
Well done is great and delivers, I think their hechsher is rubin. If u live anywhere nearby (dont deliver and hard to find parking) there is a butcher called meat sion on kkl 10. I have found them to be the best. They are kehillot hechsher.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:17 am
Well done and pick a deli are both eidah chareids. I have found that pick a deli is more sanitary than well done and have better meats. Either way if you only eat properly cooked meat and chicken any bacteria should be eliminated.

ray family

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:53 am
Benny’s in Beit Shemesh delivers to yerushalayim
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions