Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kids entertainment center

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:56 am
Asking mothers with kids under 10ish…
Would you want somewhere to take your kids on -Sunday that they can safely run around and have fun (indoors)?
-Would you go all the time (as opposed to just chol Hamoed or vacation) if was affordable?
-What would you consider affordable?
- would you go during the week after school (maybe specify your kids ages bc I’m guessing older kids come home too late to go out?)
- what would you want to see at such a place that would keep your kids entertained?

You got the drift. Add your own input, thoughts and advice

metacognizant

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:01 am
If it was in my neighborhood, and not very expensive (maybe somewhere I could buy a 10 visit pass or something), I would go on Sunday mornings in the winter or when raining. My kids are so much better behaved when they get exercise on Sunday mornings, and in bad weather that's hard. Affordable to me is like $10/visit. What I would expect to see there is, at minimum, a very interesting/fun/spacious indoor playground. More is not needed, at least for my kids, who are 2 and 5.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:16 am
my son is 2.5 and we recently started visiting indoor playground type of places.

to say we love it is an understatement!
especially on cold or rainy Sundays, it is the perfect type place to go spend the day.

a few things to keep in mind:

if this is going to be for kids 10 and under, you need clearly defined places for toddler only. otherwise the older kids take over, get rowdy, and scare the younger kids.

a place that is clean and organized will make people want to go back again.
pretend play is super popular with most age kids. kitchen area, grocery, pet shop etc.
cozy coupes and different sort of bikes kids might not have access to at home.
a climbing area will make the place more enticing for the older kids.
a lego wall is a good addition is a good addition as well.
pricewise: these places average $10-$20 usually unlimited play, some places charge 5 dollars for an additional adult. we found that $25 and under total for one kid and both of us parents a decent amount. we only have one kid, but keep in mind that offering a sibling discount does entice people with more than one kid.

having kosher food for sale and a little eating area would also add a lot.

also, offering well priced membership options, monthly or yearly.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 11:58 am
We visit Joyful Palace quite frequently, a 20 min drive from us.
Would love to have variety.
Our kids are ages 2-8.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:13 pm
so helpful! anything else have advice?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so helpful! anything else have advice?

If it's under $15 per kid I would go often on Sundays. Good inflatables and gross motor play is what I would want

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:37 pm
Sanitize frequently. If there is good hygiene it will have a better reputation I think.

runninglate

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 11:36 pm
I avoid such places because they are always packed. If there’s a way to ensure that it’s not, I’d be more likely to go.

SYA

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:46 am
Reasonable price
Minimal price for parent, if charging.
Inflatable jumping / climbing for both toddlers and older kids that are separate
Kitchen / pretend play section for little kids
Food and drink (but allow people to bring their own

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 6:46 am
I don't live in Brooklyn, but another in town city. I would have loved if one of these places had a mommy & me time. At some points I was a sahm and my toddler needed to get out. The places like this near me didn't have morning hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries