Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Thoughts about Pesach magazines
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:17 am
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
Sorry but that story pissed me off. We are that style where we are Chassidish but consider Shidduchim with Heimish or more Litvish. We Also live among other such people.
The story made absolutely zero sense.
So many Chassidish women drive, especially those that would consider being meshadech with Heimish families. We've never heard of such a request, not amongst our own family, extended family or anyone in the community. I discussed it with a few such people and they were all pissed as well.
I don't know anyone who is that style Chassidish and would demand something like that. If you consider a girl for your son from a home where women drive, you don't ask her not to. It just doesn't happen. And if someone would actually put out this request it would be looked at as extremely inappropriate and mean.

My friend came from chassidish family. Her mom and siblings drive. Before she got engaged her now dh said driving was a dealbreaker. She doesn’t drive. If she’s upset I haven’t heard about it. They are married for many years with a large family keh.

freilich

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:13 am
watergirl wrote:
I tell my kids that I know it’s hard to see their (half)sister to and their half siblings (my steps) go, and I am sorry its hard for them, and I tell them we will have the best summer we can. And when my son was old enough to complain that “it’s not fair”, believe me my daughter explained it to him. And the next time, I explained the situation as well and as age appropriately as I could. And that was that.

The thing is, who said we are all supposed to get what you want and should do what we want? Yes it’s hard. I hear that. Still it does not mean that I have any say in any way shape or form in what their dad gets to do with them anymore than my husband has a say in what his ex does with the kids.

Watergirl, you are a true inspiration!

Wishing you lots of nachas from "all"!

GLUE

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:24 pm
I finally read the double Take everyone is talking about.
My take: I think the mother is upset that her kids have a relationship and want to be with their father. She would rather he disappeared from their lives.

Anyone read the Hamidia stories?

The one about the boy who inherited a lot of money?
With sisters like that no wonder he thinks everyone is after his money.
His sisters are mad that they did not get anything and act like he should give it to them.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room