Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Navigating NY Marketplace Health Insurance

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:51 am
Trying to navigate healthcare.gov for NY State
I plugged in the information (looking for medical coverage, silver plan, individual).
I see Fidelis, Metro Plus, and Health First.
I can't get to the numbers for how much a doctor visit copay will be, or how much the monthly medications will cost. I'm not sure which plan in the best option (the Doctor I'm looking at takes all of them).
How do I go about this?
Any ideas on which one is the best/most cost effective?

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 11:50 am
You should talk to a Navigator, kind of like a broker.
Organisations like UJO in Williamsburg or BPJCC in BP have programs like this.

They know the system well and can assist.

Sorry I don't know much about it, Covid made me eligible for medicaid BH.

Also a good idea to see if your eye doc, dentist, pediatrician, OB etc all take whatever you choose.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 12:47 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
You should talk to a Navigator, kind of like a broker.
Organisations like UJO in Williamsburg or BPJCC in BP have programs like this.

They know the system well and can assist.

Sorry I don't know much about it, Covid made me eligible for medicaid BH.

Also a good idea to see if your eye doc, dentist, pediatrician, OB etc all take whatever you choose.

I did try to get to a navigator - I thought it was yeled v'yalda in BP. Will check with BPJCC - never heard of them before. Thank you.
I'm in Brooklyn.
Already did check with different doctors to see what they take.

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 3:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did try to get to a navigator - I thought it was yeled v'yalda in BP. Will check with BPJCC - never heard of them before. Thank you.
I'm in Brooklyn.
Already did check with different doctors to see what they take.

Interesting, I checked the website and it looks like you are right.

I spoke with Nachas at some point 718-436-7373. I think they charge now. I thought they were BPJCC.

Motherhood

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:45 pm
I spoke to someone from the marketplace itself. There was a number to call and the live person was really helpful

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:57 pm
Bottom line I’m trying to figure out the difference between health first silver and fidelis silver.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 10:42 am
Motherhood wrote:
I spoke to someone from the marketplace itself. There was a number to call and the live person was really helpful

I spoke to people from there and they didn't know any more than I did.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 10:51 am

I spoke with Nachas at some point 718-436-7373. I think they charge now. I thought they were BPJCC.

I called Nachas. They don't charge. Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 10:32 am

FYI - I did go to Nachas. They wanted to charge a fee - which they did end up waiving. They don't really have time to spend if it's a little more complicated - at least that was my experience.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 10:57 am
You can use a private insurance agent and they don't charge you. They get their standard commission from the insurance company just like when they sell any other kind of insurance.

Not all insurance agents are equally knowledgable but a good one will have very good knowledge about how each of the plans would work out for you because they can run the various projected costs on their software. They also can recommend knowing which plans have the best networks for your needs.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:09 am
Amarante wrote:
You can use a private insurance agent and they don't charge you. They get their standard commission from the insurance company just like when they sell any other kind of insurance.

Not all insurance agents are equally knowledgable but a good one will have very good knowledge about how each of the plans would work out for you because they can run the various projected costs on their software. They also can recommend knowing which plans have the best networks for your needs.

Do you have a good one to recommend, for future reference? This whole experience has been such a hassle.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have a good one to recommend, for future reference? This whole experience has been such a hassle.

I am not in New York so I don't know.

Do you have an insurance broker or accountant or other professional like a lawyer. They often have good referrals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries